- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Change in Springback Tendency during Forming of a Hat-type Product with High Strength Steel Using a Digital Servo Press
디지털 서보 프레스를 이용한 고강도강 성형제품의 스프링백 경향 변화
Kang, K.H.;Kim, S.H.;Ro, H.C.
- Received : 2015.06.09
- Accepted : 2015.11.25
- Published : 2016.02.01
In the current study, reduction of springback is quantified and the reasons for the reduction are investigated. The testing involved a digital servo motion applied to a U-draw bending to produce a hat-type product from high strength steels such as DP780 and DP980. The change in springback is compared between the constant speed motion and three kinds of servocontrolled motions during forming experiments. In order to predict the springback for the servo-controlled tool motion, a finite element method was utilized for the springback analysis considering a kinematic hardening model for the steel. The comparison of springback between the analysis and the experiments shows that they have similar tendencies. Also, the analysis results indicate that the springback reduction is greatly influenced by a decrease in the friction coefficient, which originates from the contact and detach phenomena between the tooling and the blank during the up-and-down motion of the upper die following the servo-controlled motion.
Digital Servo Press;Springback;High Strength Steel;Slide Motion
- K. Osakada, K. Mori, T. Altan, P. Groche, 2011, Mechanical Servo Press Technology for Metal Forming, CIRP Ann.-Manuf. Technol., Vol. 60, No. 2, pp. 651~672. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cirp.2011.05.007
- C. Murata, J. Yabe, J. Endou, K. Hasegawa, 2014, Proc. NUMISHEET2014, Part B(J. W. Yoon, B. Rolfe, J. H. Beynon, and P. Hodgson), AIP Publishing, New York, pp. 1016~1019.
- K. Mori, K. Akita, Y. Abe, 2007, Springback Behaviour in Bending of Ultra-high-strength Steel Sheets using CNC Servo Press, Int. J. Mach. Tools Manuf., Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 321~325 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmachtools.2006.03.013
- D. H. Kim, 2015, Study on the Pressure Load Increment Mechanism for Mechanical Type Press System using Servo Motor, M. S. Thesis, Chungnam National University, Chungnam, Korea.
- F. Yoshida, T. Uemori, 2002, A Model of Large-strain Cyclic Plasticity describing the Bauschinger Effect and Workhardening Stagnation, Int. J. Plast., Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 661~686. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0749-6419(01)00050-X
- T. Belytschko, J. I. Lin, C. Tsay, 1984, Explicit Algorithms for the Nonlinear Dynamics of Shells, Comput. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng., Vol. 42, No. 2, pp. 225~251. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7825(84)90026-4
- R. Hill, 1948, A Theory of the Yielding and Plastic Flow of Anisotropic Metals, Proc. R. Soc. London, Ser. A, Vol. 193, No. 1033, pp. 281~297. https://doi.org/10.1098/rspa.1948.0045
- ESI Group, 2012, PAM-STAMPTM, User's Manual.
- N. Ma, N. Sugitomo, T. Kyuno, S. Tamura, T. Naka, 2014, Proc. NUMISHEET2014, Part B(J. W. Yoon, B. Rolfe, J. H. Beynon, and P. Hodgson), AIP Publishing, New York, pp. 918~921.
- M. G. Lee, 2013, Prediction on Springback Behavior of High Strength Steel using U-bending, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 2013, No. 12, pp. 3560~3565.
- K. H. Hyun, 2003, A Study on the Spring-back Control in U-bending of Sheet Metal, M. S. Thesis, Seoul National University of Technology, Seoul, Korea.
- S. U. Lee, 2012, Prediction of springback for DP590 Sheet using Yoshida-Uemori Model, M. S. Thesis, Kyungpook National University, Gyeongbuk, Korea.