- Volume 25 Issue 1
H-beams are generally produced by hot rolling composed of a Break Down Mill (BDM) and a Finishing Mill (FM). The goal of the current study was to develop BDM rolling of H300ｘ300 beams from blooms slit from slabs. In order to manufacture H300ｘ300 beams, the caliber design and the pass schedule of BDM rolling were proposed for a bloom instead of a beam blank. The proposed BDM caliber design and pass schedule were tested using FE-simulation and pilot tests. For the major shape dimensions, such as flange width, web height, web thickness, as well as BDM rolling loads, a comparative analysis between the FE-simulation and the pilot rolling tests was conducted. The results of FEM analysis and pilot rolling tests showed good consistency. Moreover, BDM rolling loads were predicted to be in the range of allowable rolling loads. It was concluded that the designed BDM rolling is suitable for implementation within current manufacturing capacity.
H-Beam;Bloom;Caliber Design;FE-simulation;BDM Rolling Process;Pilot Rolling Test
- T. Yanazawa, T. Tanaka, M. Yamashita, T. Nakanishi, T. Kusaba, T. Akune, 1980, New BDM Rolling Method of Large H-shapes, J. Japanese. Soc. Tech. Plast., Vol. 21, No. 235, pp. 696~705.
- H. Yamaguchi, Y. Kusaba, 1995, Development of Rolling Technique for Thick–flange-H-beam by the Rigid Plastic FEM, 1995, CAMP-ISIJ, Vol.8, p. 433.
- K. Komori, 1997, Simulation of Deformation and Temperature in Multi-pass Caliber Rolling, J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol. 71, pp. 329~336. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(97)00094-0
- K. Komori, K. Komula, 2000, Simulation of Deformation and Temperature in Multi-pass H-shape Rolling, J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol. 105, pp. 24~31. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-0136(00)00537-9
- A. A. Milenin, H. Djya, S. Mroz, 2004, Simulation of Metal Forming during Multi-pass Rolling of Shape Bars, J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol.153~154, pp. 108~114.
- E. J. Kwak, G. P. Kang, K. H. Lee, I. H. Son, 2009, Proc. Kor. Soc. Tech. Plast. Fall Conf., Kor. Soc. Tech. Plast., Seoul, Korea, pp. 169~772.
- J. M. Kim, C. S. Park, K. M, Woo, 2010, Rolling Process and Roll Stress Analysis of CB100 using by 3D FEM, J. Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 19, No. 2, pp.101~106. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSPP.2010.19.2.101
- J. M. Kim, W, N. Choi, C. S. Park, K. W. Kim, 2013, Analysis of the Metal Flow in H-Beam Rolling using Beam Blank, J. Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 22, No. 7, pp. 383~388. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.2013.22.7.383
- Kawasaki Steel, 1999, Engineering of Caliber Rolling Process, Kawasaki Steel, Japan, pp. 60-62.
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 부산대학교