- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Numerical Study of Electrohydraulic Forming Using an Arbitrary Lagrange-Eulerian Method
Arbitrary Lagrange-Eulerian 기법을 활용한 액중 방전 성형의 해석적 연구
- Received : 2015.11.13
- Accepted : 2015.12.03
- Published : 2016.02.01
Electrohydraulic forming (EHF) is a high-speed forming process that uses an electric arc discharge in water. Shock waves resulting from the electric arc discharge are propagated to the blank through water and the blank moves toward the die. Advantages of EHF include improved formability due to the high-speed process and reduction of the bouncing effect. In the current study, a numerical simulation of EHF was developed using LS-DYNA. In the simulation, the model for the electric arc was assumed as an adiabatic gas expansion and an Arbitrary Lagrange-Eulerian (ALE) multi material formulation was used to describe the interaction between the electric arc and the water. In order to model the Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI), a coupling mechanism was used. The blank of Al 1100-O was simulated using shell elements. The results of the simulation showed that the blank was deformed due to the pressure propagation of water and the bouncing effect did not affect the formability of blank.
Electrohydraulic Forming;Bouncing Effect;Arbitrary Lagrange-Eulerian;Fluid-Structure Interaction
- S. Golowin, M. Kamal, J. Shang, J. Portier, A. Din, G. S. Daehn, R. Bradley, K. E. Newman, S. Hatkevich, 2007, Application of a Uniform Press Actuator for Electromagnetic Processes of Sheet Metal, J. Mater. Eng. Perform., Vol. 16, No. 4, pp. 455~460. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11665-007-9085-4
- M. Kamal, G. S. Daehn, 2007, A Uniform Press Electromagnetic Actuator for Forming Flat Sheets, J. Manuf. Sci. Eng., Vol. 129 No. 2, pp. 369~379. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2515481
- J. Kim, W. J, Song, B. S. Kang, 2013, Study on Formability Enhancement of Electromagnetic Forming using Gurson Plasticity Material Model, Trans. Kor. Soc. Automot. Eng., Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 98~104.
- A. Melander, A. Delic, A. Björkblad, P. Juntunen, L. Samek, L. Vadillo, 2013, Modelling of Electro Hydraulic Free and Die Forming of Sheet Steels, Int. J. Mater. Form., Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 223~231. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12289-011-1080-5
- A. V. Mamutov, S. F. Golovashchenko, V. S. Mamutov, J. J. Bonnen, 2015, Modeling of Electrohydraulic Forming of Sheet Metal Parts, J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol. 219, pp. 84~100. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2014.11.045
- Y. H. Lee, H. K. Kim, H. G. Noh, W. J. An, J. Kim, 2015, Prediction of the Formability Enhancement from Electromagnetic Forming due to Interaction between Tool and Blank Sheet, Trans. Mater. Process., Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 199~204. https://doi.org/10.5228/KSTP.24.3.199
- V. S. Mamutov, S. F. Golovashchenko, A. V. Mamutov, 2014, Simulation of High-Voltage Discharge Channel in waterat Electro-Hydraulic Forming Using LS-DYNA®, FEA Inf. Eng. J.
- H. G. Noh, W. J. Song, B. S. Kang, J. Kim, 2014, Numerical and Experimental Approach to Reduce Bouncing Effect in Electromagnetic Forming Process using Cushion Plate, J. Mech. Sci. Technol., Vol. 28, No. 8, pp. 3263~3271. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-014-0737-7
- S. Kohara, 1993, Forming-limit Curves of Aluminum and Aluminum Alloy Sheets and Effects of Strain Path on the Curves, J. Mater. Process. Technol., Vol. 38, No. 4, pp. 723~735. https://doi.org/10.1016/0924-0136(93)90046-9
Grant : 설계기반 미래성형 기술개발