- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Steady-state Strip Profile during Hot Rolling - PartⅠ: FEM Analysis
열연 공정 정상상태 판 프로파일 예측 - PartⅠ: 유한요소 해석
- Received : 2015.12.08
- Accepted : 2016.01.18
- Published : 2016.02.01
Precise prediction and control of the strip profile is crucial for automatic process set-up and operation of a hot strip mill. In the current study, we present the effect of post-deformation on the steady-state strip profile. The process was simulated by a 3-D elastic-plastic finite element (FE) analysis. Comparisons are made between the strip profile measured at the roll exit and the steady-state strip profile. The results raised an issue with regard to the importance of taking into account the effect of post-deformation.
Strip Profile;Residual Stresses;Finite Element Method;Hot Strip Rolling;Steady-state;Post-deformation
- K. Ohe, Y. Morimoto, S. Kajiura, T. ujino, S. Simada, K. Anraku, A. Mizuta, N. Kim, 1994, Proc. 6th Int. Rolling Conf., VDEh, Dusseldorf, pp. 78~85.
- Y. Hori, Y. Mizutani, T. Ogawa, 1994, Proc. 6th Int. Rolling Conf., VDEh, Dusseldorf, pp. 93~100.
- K. N. Shohet, N. A. Townsend, 1968, Roll Bending Methods of Crown Control in Four-high Plate Mill, J. Iron Steel Inst., Vol. 206, No. 11, pp. 1088~1098.
- Y. Tozawa, 1970, Analysis to Obtain the Pressure Distribution from the Contour of Deformed Roll, J. Jpn. Soc. Technol. Plast., Vol. 11, pp. 29~37.
- A. Foppl, 1920, Technische Mechanik, 4th ed., B. G. Teubner, Leipzig, Deutschland, Vol. 5, p. 350.