- Volume 25 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Prediction of Steady-state Strip Profile during Hot Rolling - PartⅡ: Development of a Mathematical Model
열연 공정 정상상태 판 프로파일 예측 - PartⅡ: 수식 모델 개발
Lee, J. S.;Hwang, S. M.
- Received : 2015.12.08
- Accepted : 2016.01.18
- Published : 2016.02.01
In the current study, we present a new model for the prediction of the strip profile and the residual stresses. This new approach is an analytical model that predicts the residual stresses from the effect of post-deformation. Since the residual stress cannot exceed the yield strength of the material, post-yielding may possibly occur in the post-deformation zone prior to the strip reaching the steady-state zone. The prediction accuracy of the proposed model is examined through comparison with the predictions from 3-D finite element (FE) simulations.
Strip Profile;Residual Stresses;Finite Element Method;Hot Strip Rolling;Steady-state;Post-deformation
- K. Ohe, Y. Morimoto, S. Kajiura, T. ujino, S. Simada, K. Anraku, A. Mizuta, N. Kim, 1994, Proc. 6th Int. Rolling Conf., VDEh, Dusseldorf, pp. 78~85.
- Y. Hori, Y. Mizutani, T. Ogawa, 1994, Proc. 6th Int. Rolling Conf., VDEh, Dusseldorf, pp. 93~100.
- K. N. Shohet, N. A. Townsend, 1968, Roll Bending Methods of Crown Control in Four-high Plate Mill, J. Iron Steel Inst., Vol. 206, No. 11, pp. 1088~1098.
- Y. Tozawa, 1970, Analysis to Obtain the Pressure Distribution from the Contour of Deformed Roll, J. Jpn. Soc. Technol. Plast., Vol. 11, pp. 29~37.
- A. Foppl, 1920, Technische Mechanik, 4th ed., B. G. Teubner, Leipzig, Deutschland, Vol. 5, p. 350.
- H. Matsumoto, 1991, 2-dimensional Lateral-material-flow Model Reduced from 3-Dimensional Theory for Flat Rolling, ISIJ Int., Vol. 31, No. 6, pp. 550~558. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.31.550
- Y. K. Kim, W. J. Kwak, T. J. Shin, S. M. Hwang, 2010, A New Model for the Prediction of Roll Force and Tension Profiles in Flat Rolling, ISIJ Int., Vol. 50, No. 11, pp. 1644~1652. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.50.1644
- K. H. Yun, T. J. Shin, S. M. Hwang, 2007, A Finite Element-based On-line Model for the Prediction of Deformed Roll Profile in Flat Rolling, ISIJ Int., Vol. 47, No. 9, pp. 1300~1308. https://doi.org/10.2355/isijinternational.47.1300