- Volume 53 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
An Approach for Construction of Shipyard Simulation Environment based on Neutral File Format
중립파일 기반의 조선소 시뮬레이션 환경에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.10.19
- Accepted : 2016.01.07
- Published : 2016.02.20
In shipbuilding, the scheduling system is susceptible to sudden changes and thus it turns to be difficult to predict the differences between schedule and production records in advance. A computer-based simulation is commonly utilized to overcome the discrepancies occurred in estimating workloads and resulting processing times. The main drawback of this simulation-based solution is its limited applicability because, in most cases, each shipyard requires specific and customized simulation environment. By standardizing the planning data of the midterm scheduling system, as proposed in this paper, the efficiency of the current simulation model can be enhanced. To present an alternative approach, this paper begins with the analysis of the complex planning data structure of several shipyards and then proceeds to construct a standard data structure based on the neutral format. An interface application is developed for the data transaction and simulation in on-line environment. As a result, a simulation-based production management of shipyards can be achieved by the efficient prediction of planning and scheduling.
Shipbuilding;Production planning;Simulation modelling;Standardization;Neutral file format
- Lee, D.G., 2013. Study on the PPR3-S information-based neutral model and system for integration and extension of shipbuilding production planning simulations. Ph.D. Thesis. Seoul National University.
- Lee, J.H. Lee, P. Yoon, K.W. & Nam, J.H., 2014. Quality Verification of Legacy Data of Manufacturing Information System to Improve Results of Shipyard Manufacturing Logistics Simulation. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 51(6), pp.510-520. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2014.51.6.510
- Lee, J.M., 2007. Integrated process and measurement framework for planning production of large shipyards. Ph.D. Thesis. Seoul National University.
- Nam, J.H. Lee, J.H. & Woo, J.H., 2015. Construction of Standardised Data Structure for Simulationof Mid-term Scheduling of Shipbuilding Process. International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/0951192X.2015.1066031.
- Han, S.D. Ryu, C.H. Shin, J.G. & Lee, J.K., 2008. Implementation and Applications of Simulation based Digital Shipyard. Journal of CAD/CAM Engineers, 13(1), pp.18-26.
- Kim, H.Y. Nam, J.H. Lee, J.H. & Lee, P., 2012. Construction of data structure for simulation system of shipbuilding midterm scheduling. Conference of Society of CAD/CAM Engineers, Korea, Fabruary 16~18, pp.69-72.
- Song, Y.J. Lee, D.K. Choe, S.W. Woo, J.h. & Shin, J.G., 2009. Simulation-based Capacity Analysis of a Block-assembly Process in Shipproduction Planning. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 46(1), pp.78-86. https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2009.46.1.078
- Woo, J.H., 2005. Modeling and simulation of IndoorShop system of shipbuilding by integration of the product, process, resource and schedule information. Ph.D. Thesis. Seoul National University.
- Woo, J.H. & Song, Y.J., 2014. Systematisation of Ship Production Management and Casestudy for Ship Block Assembly Factory. International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 27(4), pp.333-347. https://doi.org/10.1080/0951192X.2013.800237
- Production Process Analysis based on Information Strategy Planning with Present Condition Diagnosis of Small FRP Shipyards vol.53, pp.5, 2016, https://doi.org/10.3744/SNAK.2016.53.5.353
- Research Trends of Scheduling Techniques for Domestic Major Industries vol.41, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.11627/jkise.2018.41.1.059