- Volume 53 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Maneuvering Hydrodynamic Derivatives Estimation Applied the Stern Shape of a Vessel
선미 형상을 반영한 조종 유체력 미계수 추정에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.10.26
- Accepted : 2016.02.15
- Published : 2016.02.20
The various model tests are carried out to estimate and verify a ship performance in the design stage. But in view of the cost, the model test should be applied to every project vessel is very inefficient. Therefore, other methods of predicting the maneuverability with confined data are required at the initial design stage. The purpose of this study is to estimate the hydrodynamic derivatives by using the multiple regression analysis and PMM test data. The characteristics of the stern shape which has an important effect on the maneuverability are applied to the regression analysis in this study. The correlation analysis is performed to select the proper hull form coefficients and stern shape factors used as the variables in the regression analysis. The comparative analysis of estimate results and model test results is conducted on two ships to investigate the effectiveness of the maneuvering hydrodynamic derivatives estimation applied the stern shape. Through the present study, it is verified that the estimation using the stern shape factors as the variables are valid when the stern shape factors are located in the center of the database.
Maneuverability;Hydrodynamic derivatives;Stern shape;Hull form coefficient;Multiple regression Analysis;Correlation analysis
- Lee, C.H., 2002. Study on the effect of forebody hull form of a medium class container vessel to the resistance performance. Master's Thesis. Chosun University.
- Lee, H.Y. & Shin, S.S., 1998. Approximate Technique for Ship′s Manoeuvrabilily Prediction. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 35(4), pp. 19-26.
- Lee, H.Y. & Yum, D.J., 1998. An Experimental Study on the Effects of Afterbody Appendages and Hull Form on the Manoeuvrability of a Container Carrier. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 35(3), pp.38-45.
- Lee, S.K. Choi, J.Y. Seo, Y.S. & Lee, W.J., 1999. A Study on the Prediction of the Maneuverability of Ships at Initial Design Stage, Considering Stern Form. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 36(2), pp.72-76.
- The Society of Naval Architecture of Japan, 1995. Research on Ship Manoeuvrability and its Application to Ship Design. The 12th Marine Dynamic Symposium: Seoul.