- Volume 16 Issue 1
Dead time is typically incorporated in voltage source inverter systems to prevent short circuit cases. However, dead time causes an error between the output voltage and reference voltage. Hence, voltage equation-based algorithms, such as motor parameter estimation and back electromotive force (EMF)-based sensorless algorithms, are prone to estimation errors. Several dead-time compensation methods have been developed to reduce output voltage errors. However, voltage errors are still common in zero current crossing areas, and an effect of the error is much worse in a low speed region. Therefore, employing voltage equation-based algorithms in low speed regions is difficult. This study analyzes the conventional dead-time compensation method and output voltage errors in low speed operation areas. A current shaping method that can reduce output voltage errors is also proposed. Experimental results prove that the proposed method reduces voltage errors and improves the accuracy of the parameter estimation method and the performance of the back EMF-based sensorless algorithm.
Back EMF-based sensorless;Current shaping;Online parameter estimation;Output voltage error;Permanent magnet synchronous motor
- G. Valverde, E. Kyriakides, G. T. Heydt, and V. Terzija, “Nonlinear estimation of synchronous machine parameters using operating data,” IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 26, No. 3, pp. 831-839, Sep. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2011.2141136
- J.W. Kim, K. W. Kim, D. O. Kisck, D. H Kang, J. W Chang, and J. M. Kim, “A study on sensorless control of transverse flux rotating motor based on MRAS with parameter estimation,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 11, No. 6, pp. 864-869, Jun. 2011. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2011.11.6.864
- K.W. Lee and J.-I. Ha, “Evaluation of back-EMF estimators for sensorless control of permanent magnet synchronous motors,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 12, No. 7, pp. 604-614, Jul. 2012. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2012.12.4.604
- J.-I. Ha, K. Ide, T. Sawa, and S.-K. Sul, “Sensorless rotor position estimation of an interior permanent-magnet motor from initial states,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 761-767, May/Jun. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2003.811781
- P. Niazi and H. A. Toliyat, “Online parameter estimation of permanent magnet assisted synchronous reluctance motor,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 43, No. 2, pp. 609-615, Mar./Apr. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2006.890021
- A. Piippo, M. Hinkkanen, and J. Luomi, “Adaptation of motor parameters in sensorless PMSM drives,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 203-212, Jan./Feb. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2008.2009614
- K. Liu, Q. Zhang, J. T. Chen, Z. Q. Zhu, J. Zhang, and A. W. Shen, “Online multi-parameter estimation of non-salient pole PM synchronous machines with temperature variation tracking,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 58, No. 5, pp. 1776-1788, May 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2054055
- Z. Q. Zhu, X. Zhu, and P. D. Sun, "Estimation of winding resistance and PM flux-linkage in brushless AC machines by reduced-order extended Kalman filter," in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Netw., Sens. Control, pp. 740-745, 2007.
- J. W. Kim and J. I. Ha, "Enhancement of parameter estimation accuracy using current shaping in PM machine drive," Power Electronics and ECCE Asia (ICPE-ECCE Asis), pp. 2123-2128, 2015.
- K. Liu, Z. Q. Zhu, Q. Zhang, and J. Zhang, “Influence of nonideal voltage measurement on parameter estimation in permanent magnet synchronous machines,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 59, No. 6, pp. 2438-2447, Jun. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2011.2162214
- L. M. Gong and Z. Q. Zhu "Modeling and compensation of inverter nonlinearity effects in carrier signal injection-based sensorless control methods from positive sequence carrier current distortion," in Proc. IEEE Energy Conversion. Congress and Exposition, pp. 3434-3441, 2010.
- J. W. Kim and J. I. Ha, "Enhancement of output voltage using current shaping in sensorless AC machine drive," Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), pp. 2490-2494, 2014.
- J.W. Choi and S.K. Sul, “A new compensation strategy reducing voltage current distortion in PWM VSI systems operating with low output voltages,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 31, No. 5, pp. 1001-1008, Sep./Oct. 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.464512
- S. Morimoto, M. Sanada, and Y. Takeda, “Mechanical sensorless drives of IPMSM with online parameter identification,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl.,Vol. 42, No. 5, pp. 1241–1248, Sep./Oct. 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2006.880840
- Y. Inoue, Y. Kawaguchi, S. Morimoto, and M. Sanada, “Performance improvement of sensorless IPMSM drives in a low-speed region using online parameter identification,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 47, No. 2, pp. 798-804, Mar./Apr. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2010.2101994
- Neural Network Based Fault Detection and Diagnosis System for Three-Phase Inverter in Variable Speed Drive with Induction Motor vol.2016, 2016, https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/1286318
- A Novel Three-Phase Inverter Fault Diagnosis System Using Three-dimensional Feature Extraction and Neural Network pp.2191-4281, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13369-018-3156-8
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 서울대학교