- Volume 16 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
High-Performance Control of Three-Phase Four-Wire DVR Systems using Feedback Linearization
Jeong, Seon-Yeong;Nguyen, Thanh Hai;Le, Quoc Anh;Lee, Dong-Choon
- Received : 2015.06.14
- Accepted : 2015.09.11
- Published : 2016.01.20
Power quality is a critical issue in distribution systems, where a dynamic voltage restorer (DVR) is commonly used to mitigate the voltage disturbances for loads. This paper deals with a nonlinear control for the three-phase four-wire (3P-4W) DVR under a grid voltage unbalance and nonlinear loads in the distribution system, where a novel control scheme based on the feedback linearization technique is proposed. Through feedback linearization, a nonlinear model of a DVR with a PWM voltage-source inverter (VSI) and LC filters is linearized. Then, the controller design of the linearized model is performed by applying the linear control theory, where the load voltages are kept constant by controlling the d-q-0 axis components of the DVR output voltages. To keep the load voltage unchanged, an in-phase compensation strategy is employed, where the load voltages are recovered to be the same as the previous voltage without a change in the magnitude. With this strategy, the performance of the DVR becomes faster and more stable even under unbalanced source voltages and nonlinear loads. The validity of the proposed control strategy has been verified by simulation and experimental results.
Dynamic voltage restorers;feedback linearization;SOGI-PLL;three-phase four-wire VSI;voltage unbalance
- G. Mahendran, M. Sathikumar, S. Thiruvenkadam, and L. Lakshminarasimman, “Multi-objective unbalanced distribution network reconfiguration through hybrid heuristic algorithm,” Journal of Electric Engineering and Technology, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 215-222, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2013.8.2.215
- Q. N. Trinh, H.-H. Lee, and T. W. Chun, “An enhanced harmonic voltage compensator for general loads in standalone distributed generation systems,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 1070-1079, Nov. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2013.13.6.1070
- E. Babaei, M. F. Kangarlu, and M. Sabahi, “Mitigation of voltage disturbances using dynamic voltage restorer based on direct converters,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 25, No. 4, pp. 2676-2683, Oct. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPWRD.2010.2054116
- H. Xu, X. Ma, and D. Sun, “Reactive current assignment and control for DFIG based wind turbines during grid voltage sag and swell conditions,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 235-245, Jan. 2015. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2015.15.1.235
- V. Khadkikar and A. Chandra, “UPQC-S: a novel concept of simultaneous voltage sag/swell and load reactive power compensations utilizing series inverter of UPQC,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 26, No. 9, pp. 2414-2425, Sep. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2106222
- C. Liu, K. Dai, K. Duan, and Y. Kang, “Application of a Ctype filter based LCFC output filter to shunt active power filters,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 1058-1069, Nov. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2013.13.6.1058
- H. Kim and S.-K. Sul, “Compensation voltage control in dynamic voltage restorers by use of feed forward and state feedback scheme,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 20, No. 5, pp. 1169-1177, May 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2005.854052
- T. Jimichi, H. Fujita, and H. Akagi, “Design and experimentation of a dynamic voltage restorer capable of significantly reducing an energy-storage element,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 44, No. 3, pp. 817-825, May/Jun. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2008.921425
- C. Meyer, R. W. De Doncker, Y. W. Li, and F. Blaabjerg, “Optimized control strategy for a medium-voltage DVRtheoretical investigations and experimental results,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 23, No. 6, pp. 2746-2754, Nov. 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2002299
- L.-Y. Yang, C.-L. Wang, J.-H. Liu, and C.-X. Jia, “A novel phase locked loop for grid-connected converters under nonideal grid conditions,” Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 216-226, Jan. 2015. https://doi.org/10.6113/JPE.2015.15.1.216
- S. Lee, Y. Chae, J. Cho, G. Choe, H. Mok, and D. Jang, "A new control strategy for instantaneous voltage compensator using 3-phase PWM inverter," in Proc. IEEE PESC'98, 1998, pp. 248-254.
- S. R. Naidu and D. A. Fernandes, “Dynamic voltage restorer based on a four-leg voltage-source converter,” IET Gener. Transm. Distrib., Vol. 3, No. 5, pp. 437-447, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-gtd.2008.0411
- S. B. Karanki, N. Geddada, M. K. Mishra, and B. K. Kumar, “A modified three-phase four-wire UPQC topology with reduced DC-link voltage rating,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 60, No. 9, pp. 3555-3566, Sep. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2012.2206333
- V. Khadkikar and A. Chandra, “A novel structure for threephase four-wire distribution system utilizing unified power quality conditioner (UPQC),” IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 45, No. 5, pp. 1897-1902, Sep./Nov. 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2009.2027147
- Q.-N. Trinh and H.-H. Lee, “Improvement of unified power quality conditioner performance with enhanced resonant control strategy,” IET Gener. Transm. Distrib., Vol. 8, No. 12, pp. 2114-2123, Dec. 2014. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-gtd.2013.0636
- D.-E. Kim and D.-C. Lee, “Feedback linearization control of three-phase UPS inverter system,” IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., Vol. 57, No. 3, pp. 963-968, Mar. 2010. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2009.2038404
- N. Q. T. Vo and D.-C. Lee, “Advanced control of threephase four-wire inverters using feedback linearization under unbalanced and nonlinear load condition,” Transactions of Korean Institute of Power Electronics(KIPE), Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 333-341, Aug. 2013. https://doi.org/10.6113/TKPE.2013.18.4.333
- S.-Y. Jeong, T. H. Nguyen, D.-C. Lee, and J.-M. Kim, "Nonlinear control of three-phase four-wire dynamic voltage restorers for distribution system," in Proc. IEEE IPEC, pp. 2406-2412, 2014.
- J.-I. Jang and D.-C. Lee, "High performance control of three-phase PWM converters under non-ideal source voltage," in Proc. IEEE ICIT, pp. 2791-2796, 2006.
- P. Rodriguez, A. Luna, R. S. M. Aguilar, I. E. Otadui, R. Teodorescu, and F. Blaabjerg, “A stationary reference frame grid synchronization system for three-phase grid-connected power converters under adverse grid conditions,” IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 99-112, Jan. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2011.2159242
- A. Luna, C. Citro, C. Gavriluta, J. Hermoso, I. Candela, and P. Rodriguez, "Advanced PLL structures for grid synchronization in distributed generation," in Proc. ICREPQ'12, pp. 1-10, 2012.
- J. J. E. Slotine and W. Li, Applied Nonlinear Control. Englewood Cliffs, NJ:Prentice-Hall, 1991, pp. 207-271.
Grant : 핵심개인연구
Supported by : 영남대학교