- Volume 2 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Factors Influencing Employment Stress of Nursing Students
간호대학생의 취업스트레스에 미치는 영향요인
- Received : 2015.06.08
- Accepted : 2015.12.20
- Published : 2016.02.29
The purpose of this study was to analyze the relationship between general characteristics, clinical practice stress, major satisfaction and employment stress, and check the effect on employment stress in order to provide baseline data of reduced amount of stress from nursing undergraduates. Methods: The cross-sectional descriptive study design was used. We selected 388 nursing undergraduate students from nursing college located in Daejeon, Jinju, Naju city by convenience random sampling and analyzed the data using SPSS 22.0 program. Results and Conclusion: Factors that effects on employment stress was clinical practice stress, major satisfaction and family economic status, and the explanatory power was 23.8%. The results show the need for development of pre-clinical practice adaptation education program and applying it for nursing students to reduce the clinical practice stress. Also, development of counseling program is needed, since nursing has higher employment rate compare to other major however it is difficult to get a job at wanted hospital, moreover there are students who are pressured from license examination.
Clinical practice stress;Major satisfaction;Employment stress
- S. L. Kim and J. E. Lee, "Relationship among stress, coping strategies, and self-esteem in nursing students taking clinical experience," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.11, No.1, pp.98-106, 2005.
- E. J. Shin, Emotional intelligence, ego resilience, stress in clinical practice of nursing students, Keimyung University, master's thesis, Daegu, 2011.
- H. S. Ha, A Study of Department Satisfaction and School Satisfaction of Undergraduate Students, Seoul National University, master's thesis, Seoul, 2000.
- D. J. Lee, The relationships among satisfaction in major, gender identity, and gender stereotypes of male nursing students, Yonsei university, master's thesis, Seoul, 2004.
- J. Y. Bae, The Effect of University Student's Ego-resilience on Employment Stress and Job-seeking Efficacy, Yeungnam University, master's thesis, Gyeongsangbuk-do, 2008.
- Shepherd, M., Cooper, B., Brown, A. C., & Kalton, G. W, Psychiatric illness in general practice, London Oxford University Press, 1966.
- S. W. Hwang, A Study on Employment Stress of University Students, Dong-A university, master's thesis, Busan, 1998.
- Y. R. Kang, The Influence of Jobs seeking Stress on Their Career Maturity Dance Majoring Students, Dankook University, master's thesis, Seoul, 2006.
- E. K. Pyo, The Relationship between Jobs Seeking Stress and Career Preparation Behavior by Female College Student's Way of Coping with Stress, Sookmyung women's University, master's thesis, Seoul, 2009.
- K. J. Kang, S. J. Yu, H. M. Seo, M. S. Park, M. Yu, Y. R. Chae and D. H. Choi, "Factors Influencing Professionalism in Male and Female Student Nurses," Journal of Korean Academy Society of Nursing Education, Vol.20, No.4, pp.491-501, 2014. https://doi.org/10.5977/jkasne.2014.20.4.491
- S. Y. Lim and S. Y. Kim, M. I. Choi, "The Relationships of Major Satisfaction, Self-Esteem and Nursing Professionalism of the Nursing College Students" The Journal of the Convergence on Culture Technology(JCCT), Vol.1, No.2, pp.45-51, 2015. pISSN2384-0358, eISSN384-0366
- Y. H. Kim, "Effect of Career Empowerment Program on Career Maturity, Career Decision-making Self-Efficacy, and Employment Stress of Nursing College Students," Journal of The Korea Contents Association, Vol.13, No.12, pp.817-828, 2013. https://doi.org/10.5392/JKCA.2013.13.12.817
- H. J. Park and J. W. Oh, "The Relationships of the Clinical Practice Stress and the Major Satisfaction with the Nursing Professionalism of Nursing College Students," Journal of The Society of Digital Policy & Management, Vol.12, No.12, pp.417-426, 2014.
- M. L. Lee, The Relationships among Major Satisfaction, Ego-Resiliency and Job Preparing Stress, Graduate School of Mokpo University, master's thesis, Mokpo, 2014.
- H. J. Pack and I. S. Jang, "Stress, Depression, Coping Styles and Satisfaction of Clinical Practice in Nursing Students," The Journal of Nursing Education, Vol.16, No.1, pp.14-23, 2010.
- M. S. Moon, "Nursing students initial clinical experience," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.4, No.1, pp.15-27, 1998.
- S. J. Whang, "The Relationship between Clinical Stress, Self-Efficacy, and Self-Esteem of Nursing College Students," The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, Vol.6, No.2, pp.205-213, 2006.
- S. M. Park, The Employment Stress, Physical and Psychological Symptom in Collegian of Health Related Department, Kyungpook national University, master's thesis, Daegu, 2009.
- David, B., Elizabeth, W. and Rachel, R, "Tied to the job: Affective and relational components of nurse retention," Journal of Health Services Research & Policy, Vol.12, Suppl 1, pp.46-51, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1258/135581907780318419
- H. S. Park, Y. J. Bae and S. Y. Jung, "A Study on Self-esteem, Self-efficacy, Coping Methods, and the Academic and Job-seeking Stress of Nursing Students," Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, Vol.11, No.4, pp.621-631, 2002.
- Beck, D. L., and Srivastava, R, "Perceived level and sources of stress in baccalaureate nursing students," The Journal of Nursing Education, Vol.30, No.3, pp.127-133, 1991.