- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Application of Wraparound Model to Korean Adolescents with Complicated Problems: A bibliographical study
복합적 문제를 나타내는 청소년을 위한 랩어라운드 모델의 국내적용 가능성에 관한 문헌적 연구
- Received : 2016.01.29
- Accepted : 2016.03.17
- Published : 2016.03.28
Although the number of adolescents with complicated problems and needs has increased, there has been a limited service for this population. In addition, a traditional social service could not alleviate the problems. In order to provide an alternative to a traditional social service to this population, the wraparound model is reviewed and explored. The study presents a review of literature on wraparound and social work via EBSOCO. By reviewing 12 articles on the subject, the study discovers 3 topics, such as (1) youth with various problems, (2) general characteristics of wraparound, and (3) evidence-based practice and wraparound. Based on 3 topics, the study also discusses the feasibility of wraparound service in Korea.
Wraparound;Adolescents;Social Work;Case Management;Complicated Problems
- F. M. Gore, P. J. N. Bloem, G. C. Patton, J. Ferguson, V. Joseph, C. Coffey, and C. D. Mathers, "Global burden of disease inyoung people aged 10-24 years: A systematic analysis," Lancet, Vol.377, pp.2093-2102, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(11)60512-6
- National Research Council and Institute of Medicine of the National Academies, Preventing Mental, Emotional, and Behavioral Disorders Among Young People: Progress and Possibilities, The National Academies Press:Wahington D.C., 2009.
- J. L. Shailer, R. A. Gammon, and L. D. Terte, "Youth with Serious Mental Health Disorders: Wraparound as a Promising Intervention in New Zealand," Australian and New Zealand Journal of Family Therapy, Vol.34, pp.186-213, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1002/anzf.1028
- P. Wyles, "Success with Wraparound: A collaborative, individualized, integrated & strenth-based model," Youth Studies Australia, Vol.26, No.4, pp.45-53, 2007.
- B. Bruns, "A call for amental health services research agenda for youth with serious emotional disturbance," Mental health Services Research, Vol.1, No.1, pp.5-10, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1021927100830
- E. J. Bruns, J. S. Walker, A. Bernstein, E. Daleiden, M. D. Pullman, and B. F. Chorpita, "Family Voice With Informed Choice: Coordinating Wraparound With Research-Based Treatment for Children and Adolescents," Journal of Clinical Child & Adolescent Psychology, Vol.43, No.2, pp.256-269, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1080/15374416.2013.859081
- 한국사례관리학회, 사례관리전문가 교육: 실무자 기초과정, 학지사, 2012.
- M. M. Carney and F. Buttell, "Reducing Juvenile Recidivism: Evaluating the Wraparound Services Model," Research on Social Work Practice, Vol.13, No.5, pp.551-568, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/1049731503253364
- 문희원, 이숙향, "정서 및 행동장애 학생을 위한 랩어라운드 모델의 이해 및 적용을 위한 고찰," 특수교육, 제9권, 제2호, pp.165-196, 2010.
- M. D. Pullman, J. Kerbs, N. Koroloff, E. Veah-Wite, R. Gaylor, and D. Sieler, "Juvenile Offenders with Mental Health Needs: Reducing Recidivism Using Wraparound," Crime & Delinquency, Vol.52, No.3, pp.375-397, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1177/0011128705278632
- L. Wallace, A. Debicki, M. V. Vennen, and E. V. Eybergen, "Canadian WrapAround: A Case Study of A Volunteer-Driven, Community-Based Approach for Families, Children, and Youth with Complex Needs in Hamilton, Ontario," Child & Youth Care Practice, Vol.27, No.4, pp.53-66, 2014.
- H. L. Copp, P. S. Bordnic, A. C. Traylor, and B. A. Thyer, "Evaluating Wraparound Services for Seriously Emotionally Disturbed Youth: Pilot Study Outcomes in Georgia," Adolescence, Vol.42, No.168, pp.723-732, 2007.
- S. L. Mears, J. Yaffe, and N. J. Harris, "Evaluation of Wraparound Services for Severely Emotionally Disturbed Youths," Research on Social Work Practice, Vol.19, No.6, pp.678-685, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1177/1049731508329385
- A. N. Mendenhall, S. A. Kapp, A. Rand, M. L. Robbins, and K. Stipp, "Theory Meets Practice: The Localization of Wraparound Services for Youth with Serious Emotional Disturbance," Community Mental Health Journal, Vol.49, No.6, 793-804, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10597-013-9646-y
- J. Ray, L. K. Stormwall, S. Neumiller, and M. Roloff, "A Community Response to Tragedy: Individualized Services for Families," Child and Adolescent Social Work Journal, Vol.15, No.1, pp.39-54, 1998. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1022293420801
- R. M. Bertram, P. Schaffer, and L. Charnin, "Changing Organization Culture: Data Driven Participatory Evaluation and Revision of Wraparound Implementation," Journal of Evidence-Based Social Work, Vol.11, No.1/2, pp.18-29, 2014.
- R. M. Bertram, J. C. Suter, E. J. Bruns, and K. E. O'Rourke, "Implementation Research and Wraparound Literature: Building a Research Agenda," Journal of Child & Family Studies, Vol.20, No.6, pp.713-725, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10826-010-9430-3
- V. S. Effland, B. A. Walton, and J. S. McIntyre, "Connecting the Dots: Stages of Implementation, Wraparound Fidelity and Youth Outcomes," Journal of Child & Family Studies, Vol.20, No.6, pp.736-746, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10826-011-9541-5
- C. M. Ferguson, "The implementation of wraparound in California's Title IV-E Child Welfare Waiver Demonstration Project," Children & Youth Services Review, Vol.34, No.7, pp.1331-1336, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.childyouth.2012.03.014
- M. A. F. Kazi, B. Pagkos, and H. A. Milch, "Realist Evaluation in Wraparound: A New Approach in Social Work Evidence-Based Practice," Research on Social Work Practice, Vol.21, No.1, pp.57-64, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1177/1049731510371345
- M. L. Polinsky, H. M. H. Leveine, L. Pion-Berlin, A. Torres, and J. Garibay, ""Development and Validation of a Wraparound Paren Partner Fidelity Tool," Social Work Research, Vol.37, No.2, pp.111-120, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1093/swr/svt014
- F. Ainsworth, "Wraparound or Individualised Models of Care: Do They Fit Into Australian Child Welfare?," Australian Journal of Social Issues, Vol.34, No.2, pp.137-148, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1002/j.1839-4655.1999.tb01074.x
- M. Hansen, A. Litzelman, D. T. Marsh, and A. Milspaw, "Approaches to Serious Emotional Disturbance: Involving Multiple Systems," Professional Psychology: Research & Practice, Vol.36, No.5, pp.457-465, 2004.
- K. McGinty, S. L. McCamon, and V. P. Koeppen, "The Complexities of Implementing a Wraparound Approach to Service Provision: A View from the Field," Journal of Family Social Work, Vol.5, No.3, pp.95-110, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1300/J039v05n03_07
- M. L. Kessler and B. J. Ackerson, "Wraparound Services: An Effective Intervention for Families Impacted by Severe Mental Illness," Journal of Family Social Work, Vol.8, No.4, pp.29-45, 2004.
Supported by : 단국대학교