- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Types and Themes of Mobile Application Contents in Primary Science Learning Derived From Teachers' Perspectives
교사의 관점에서 제안된 초등 과학 영역의 모바일 앱 콘텐츠 유형 및 주제
So, Hyo-Jeong;Yoon, Hye-Gyoung;Choi, Hyungshin
- Received : 2015.09.16
- Accepted : 2015.11.16
- Published : 2016.03.28
Given the potential of mobile applications to create new learning opportunities beyond the prevalent use of digital textbooks and Internet lectures, this study aims to derive types and themes of mobile application content that can be effectively integrated with the school curricula. Twenty primary school teachers participated in this study that examines teachers' perceptions about the advantages and disadvantages of printed and digital textbooks' modality, the advantages and disadvantages of mobile learning, and the themes relevant to develop mobile applications. Findings indicate that it is necessary to develop activity-centered applications for vertical use rather than theme-centered applications for horizontal use. In addition, while most ideas derived from teachers center on multimedia access, there was lack of ideas that leverage the affordances of mobile devices for collaborative interaction and location-awareness. Lastly, to promote the diffusion of mobile learning in school environments, this study suggests the need to overcome teachers' epistemology that perceives mobilization against inquiry activities.
Mobile App;Digital Textbook;Science Learning;Educational Affordance
- 윤현민, "유아용 인기 교육 애플리케이션의 유형 및 특성 분석," 한국 HCI 학회, pp.481-484, 2014.
- 조규락, 고등학생의 모바일 러닝 실태 및 인식 분석, 컴퓨터교육학회논문지, 제15권, 제6호, pp.53-64, 2012.
- 이상수, 김은정, 김춘화, "학생, 교사, 전문가들이 예측한 디지털교과서가 미래교육생태계에 미치는 영향," 교육공학연구, 제30권, 제4호, pp.717-743, 2014.
- E. Klopfer and K. Squire, "Environmental detectives-the development of an augmented reality platform for environmental simulations," Educational Technology Research and Development, Vol.56, No.2, pp.203-228, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11423-007-9037-6
- D. A. Norman, "Affordance, conventions, and design," Interactions, Vol.6, No.3, pp.38-43, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1145/301153.301168
- 황윤자, 김성미, "교육적 어포던스 증진을 위한 사용자 중심 설계 스마트 포트폴리오 개발," 학습과학연구, 제8권, 제3호, pp.87-109, 2014.
- D. Churchill and N. Churchill, "Educational affordances of PDAs: A study of a teacher's exploration of this technology," Computers & Education, Vol.50, No.4, pp.1439-1450, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2007.01.002
- B. Patten, I. A. Sánchez, and B. Tangney, "Designing collaborative, constructionist and contextual applications for handheld devices," Computers &education, Vol.46, No.3, pp.294-308, 2006.
- 임정훈, "모바일 학습 (Mobile Learning) 을 위한 교수학습 모형의 설계 방향 탐색," 한국교육논단, 제8권, 제1호, pp.101-124, 2008.
- W. S. Cheung and K. F. Hew, "A review of research methodologies used in studies on mobile handheld devices in K-12 and higher education settings," Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, Vol.25, No.2, 2009.
- 양미경, "디지털 교과서의 특성과 난점에 대한 비판점 검토," 교육과정연구, 제31권, 제4호, pp.51-75, 2013.
- 임철일 외, 디지털 교과서 2.0 모형 및 개발 방법(과학과) 연구, 한국교육학술정보원, 2010.
- G. Vavoula, M. Sharples, E. Scanlon, P. Lonsdale, and A. Jones, Report on literature on mobile learning, science and collaborative activity, (Deliverable D33.2.2, Mobile Learning in Informal Science Settings), Kaleidoscope Network of Excellence, 2005.
- M. Koehler and P. Mishra, "What is technological pedagogical content knowledge (TPACK)?," Contemporary Issues in Technology and Teacher Education, Vol.9, No.1, pp.60-70, 2009.
- L. H. Wong, C. S. Chai, X. Zhang, and R. B. King, "Employing the TPACK framework for researcher-teacher co-design of a mobileassisted seamless language learning environment," IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, Vol.8, No.1, pp.31-42, 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TLT.2014.2354038
- R. E. Boyatzis, Transforming qualitative information: Thematic analysis and code development, Sage, 1998.
- 임희준 외, "과학 디지털 교과서 활용에 대한 초등학생들의 인식," 초등과학교육, 제33권, 제4호, pp.795-805, 2014.
- M. T. Hayes, "Elementary preservice teachers' struggles to define inquiry-based science teaching," Journal of Science Teacher Education, Vol.13, No.2, pp.147-165, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1015169731478
- 윤정현, 안인영, 노태희, "과학 수업에서 스마트 기기를 활용한 개념 적응적 개별화 학습의 효과," 한국과학교육학회지, 제35권, 제2호, pp.325-331, 2015.
Supported by : 한국과학창의재단