- Volume 51 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Magnetic Property Improvement of Rubber Magnets for Heat Loss Reduction of a Refrigerator
- Ahn, WonSool (Department of Chemical Engineering, Keimyung University) ;
- Lee, Haakil (Department of Chemical Engineering, Keimyung University) ;
- Ha, Ji Soo (Department of Mechanical and Automotive Engineering, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2015.12.07
- Accepted : 2015.12.23
- Published : 2016.03.31
For improving the heat loss of a refrigerator around door gasket, it is very important to reduce the amount of rubber magnet used, of which thermal conductivity is much higher than the plastics, and enhancing the magnetic properties of rubber magnet itself is crucial for this. In the present study, therefore, a relationship between the optimum conditions of rubber magnet fabrication process and raw material compositions in the ferrite powder/CPE binder compounds was investigated for finding a way to enhance the magnetic properties of rubber magnet. Magnetic attraction forces of a sample rubber magnet was measured as function of distance, and thermal properties of the sample ferrite powder/CPE binder compound were analyzed with TG/DTA thermal analyzer. As a results, a rubber magnet strip with enhanced magnetic properties was expected to be fabricated, of which raw material compound was prepared by compounding with higher ferrite magnetic powder concentration.
- J. K. Park, "Optimization of Heat Insulation System for a Household Refrigerator", Korean J. Air-Cond. Refrig. Eng., 15(2), 95 (2003).
- J. S. Ha, K. S. Jung, T. K. Kim, K. H. Kim, and S. R. Kim, "The Effect of Gasket Shape on Heat Loss Reduction in a Refrigeration", Korean J. Air-Cond. Refrig. Eng., 21(5), 305 (2009).
- J. S. Ha, "A Study on the Unsteady Temperature Characteristics at the Refrigerator Gasket", J. Energy Eng., 21(2), 136 (2009).
- R. E. Skochdopole, "The Thermal Conductivity of Foam Plastics", Eng. Prog., 57(10), 57 (1961).
- A. Biedermann, C. Kudoke, A. Merten, E. Minogue, U. Rotermund, H.-P. Ebert, U. Heinemann, J. Fricke, and H. Seifert, "Analysis of Heat Transfer Mechanisms in Polyurethane Rigid Foam", J. Cell. Plast., 37, 467 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1106/KEMU-LH63-V9H2-KFA3
- J. S. Kwon, C. H. Jang, H. Jung, and T. H. Song, "Effective Thermal Conductivity of Various Filling Materials for Vacuum Insulation Panels", Int. J. Heat Mass Trans., 52, 5525 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2009.06.029
- X. Wang, N. Walliman, R. Ogden, and C. Kendrick, "VIP and Their Applications in Buildings: A Review", Constr. Mater., 160, 145 (2007).
- Z. Osawa, K. Kawaguchi, M. Iwata, and H. Harada, "Effect of Polymer Matrices on Magnetic Properties of Plastic Magnets", J. Mater. Sci., 23, 2637 (1988). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF01111926
- G. R. Marchand, "Chlorinated Polyethylene" in Polymeric Materials Encyclopedia, ed. J. C. Salamone, CRC Press, vol. 2, 1234 (1996).
- J. S. Ha and W. Ahn, "A Study on Heat Loss Reduction of a Refrigerator by Thermal Conductivity Change and Partial Removal of Rubber Magnet", J. Energy Eng., 23(4), 240 (2014). https://doi.org/10.5855/ENERGY.2014.23.4.240