- Volume 51 Issue 1
Multi-Surface (MS) treatment is a new technique of surface treatment to reduce the static friction factor on the surface of rubber. MS treatments include 4 methods which names are MS-V (UV-irradiation on the rubber surface), MS-M (doing the chemical reaction with double bond of rubber), MS-Q (dilution of rubber surface by silicone surfactant), and MS-P (coating and heating of rubber surface). The experiment and test of every MS-treatment had been carried out using acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber (NBR), ethylene-propylene-diene rubber (EPDM), and chlorosulphonated rubber (CSM) as rubber materials. It had introduced the steps of every MS-treatment process and the result of the properties test. From the research, it was found that the best method was MS-V treatment because it suited all the samples and the effect was obviously.
NBR;EPDM;CSM;surface treatment;friction factor
- O. H. Yeoh, "Some forms of the strain energy function for rubber", Rubber Chem. and Tech., 66, 754 (1993). https://doi.org/10.5254/1.3538343
- Julien Ramier, et al., "Payne effect in silica-filled styrene-butadiene rubber: Influence of surface treatment", J. of Polym. Sci., Part B: Polym. Phys., 45, 286 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1002/polb.21033
- M. D. Romero-Sanchez, et al., "UV treatment of synthetic styrene-butadiene-styrene rubber", J. of Adhes. Sci. and Tech., 17, 25 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1163/15685610360472420
- W. Monch and S. Herminghaus, "Elastic instability of rubber films between solid bodies", EPL (Eur. Letters), 53, 525 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1209/epl/i2001-00184-7
- M. C. Frost, et al., "In vivo biocompatibility and analytical performance of intravascular amperometric oxygen sensors prepared with improved nitric oxide-releasing silicone rubber coating", Analy. Chem., 74, 5942 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1021/ac025944g
- L. Valentini, et al., "Physical and mechanical behavior of single walled carbon nanotube/polypropylene/ethylene-propylene-diene rubber nanocomposites", J. of Appl. Polym. Sci., 89, 2657 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.12319
- A. J. Marzocca, "Evaluation of the polymer-solvent interaction parameter x for the system cured styrene butadiene rubber and toluene", Eur. Polym. J., 43, 2682 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eurpolymj.2007.02.034
- W. Arayapranee, "Rubber abrasion resistance", Abrasion Resistance of Mater., InTech, Rijeka, 147 (2012).
- B.-H. Youn and C.-S. Huh, "Surface degradation of HTV silicone rubber and EPDM used for outdoor insulators under accelerated ultraviolet weathering condition", Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, IEEE Transactions on, 12, 1015 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1109/TDEI.2005.1522194