- Volume 40 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study on Position Control System Using Encoderless Magnetic Motion
엔코더리스 마그넷 모션을 이용한 위치제어에 대한 리니어모터 실험적 연구
- Received : 2015.02.06
- Accepted : 2015.09.05
- Published : 2016.01.01
A position control system composed of the PMLSM(Permanent Magnet Linear Synchronous Motor), unlike conventional linear permanent magnet synchronous motor is fixed to the permanent magnet moving coil rails (permanent magnet = stator, coil = mover), the coil is fixed, moving the permanent magnet, we propose a position control system (permanent magnet = mover, coil = stator) structure. Position is measured not using conventional encoder or resolver but by adopting vector control method using 2 hall sensors generating rectangular signal. This method estimate the velocity and position of mover by using the quadruple of two hall sensor signal instead of encoder signal. Vector control of PMLSM using 2 hall sensor generating rectangular wave is proved to control the system stable and efficiently through simulation. Also hardware experiment reveals that the position control performance is measured within the range of
Linear Motor;PMLSM;Position Control;Encoderless;Magnetic Motion
- Chang, Y. C. and Tzou, Y. Y., 2007, "Design of a Digital Servo Control IC for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors with Linear Hall Sensors," in Proc. IEEE PESC'07, pp. 599-605, Jun.
- Wallmark, O., Harnefors, L. and Carlson, O., 2005, "An Improved Speed Andpostion Estimator for Salient Permanent-Magnet Synchronous Motors," IEEE Trans. Ind. Elec., Vol. 52, Issue 1, pp. 255-262, Feb. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2004.841088
- Samoylenko, N., Han, Q. and Jatskevich, J., 2008, "Dynamic Performance of Brushless DC Motors with Unbalanced Hall Sensors," IEEE Trans. Energy Convers., Vol. 23, No. 3, pp.752-763, Sep. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEC.2008.921555
- Jansson, M., Harnefors, L., Wallmark, O. and Leksell, M., 2006, "Synchronization at Startup and Stable Rotation Reversal of Sensorless Nonsalient PMSM Drives," IEEE Trans. Ind. Elec., Vol. 53, Issue 2, pp. 379-387, Apr. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2006.870731
- Mobarakeh, B. N., Meibody-Tabar, F. and Sargos, F.M., 2001, "Robustness Study of a Model-Based Technique for Mechanical Sensorless PMSM," in Proc. IEEE PESC'01, pp. 811-816, Jun.
- Ozturk, S. B., Akin, B., Toliyat, H. A. and Ashrafzadeh, F., 2006, "Low-Cost Direct Torque Control of Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Using Hall-Effect Sensors," in Proc. IEEE Appl. Power Electron.Conf.(APEC), pp.19-23, Mar.
- Kim, H., Harke, M. C. and Lorenz, R. D., 2003, "Sensorless Control of Interior Permanent-Magnet Machine Drives with Zero-Phase Lag Position Estimation," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 39, Issue 6, pp. 1726-1733, Nov./Dec. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2003.818966
- You, Y., Zhou, H., Sun, P. and Hou, S., 2007, "Precise Position Detection Technique for Permanent Magnet Linear Synchronous Motors," in Proc. 14th Annual Conf. on Mechatronics and Machine Vision in Practice, pp. 73-77, Dec.
- Wegener, R., Senicar, F., Junge, C. and Soter, S., 2007, "Low Cost Position Sensor for Permanent Magnet Linear Drive," in Proc. IEEE PEDS'07, pp. 1367-1371, Nov.
- Hu, J., Liu, J. and Xu, L., 2008, "Eddy Current Effects on Rotor Position Estimation and Magnetic Pole Identification of PMSM at Zero and Low Speeds," IEEE Trans. Power Elec., Vol. 23, Issue 5, pp. 2565-2575, Sep. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPEL.2008.2002087
- Mizutani, R., Takeshita, T. and Matsui, N., 1998, "Current Model-Based Sensorless Drives of Salient-Pole PMSM at Low Speed and Standstill," IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl., Vol. 34, Issue 4, pp. 841-846, Jul./Aug. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.703990
- Kim, J.-U., Jung, S.-Y. and Nam,K.-H., 2010, "PMSM Angle Detection Based on the Edge Field Measurements by Hall Sensors," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 10, No. 3, May.
- Kong, T.-W., Lee, J.-H., Yu, J.-S., Lee, W.-C., Kim, J.-H. and Won,C.-Y., 2008, "Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Vector Control Using Rectangular 2 Hall Sensors," Journal of the Korean Institute of Illuminating and Electrical Installation Engineers, Vol. 22, No. 2, Feb.