- Volume 40 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Optimization of a Cam Profile in a Circuit Breaker to Improve Latching Performance
캠 윤곽 최적설계를 통한 차단기 래칭 성능 향상
Lee, Jae Ju;Jang, Jin Seok;Park, Hyun Gyu;Yoo, Wan Suk;Kim, Hyun Woo;Bae, Byung Tae
- Received : 2015.08.20
- Accepted : 2015.11.18
- Published : 2016.01.01
Higher circuit breaker safety standards can be obtained by increasing the sustaining time of the latching section. This time increase is achieved through velocity reduction after contacting when the closing mechanism operates. The potential for the re-closing phenomenon to occur is also reduced by obtaining time to return open latch. In this study, the sustaining time for the latching section was increased through cam profile optimization based on the displacement response of the moving parts. In addition, the existing performance velocity was also satisfied. A multibody dynamics model of the circuit breaker was developed using ADAMS. To validate the model, simulation results were compared to experiment results. Then, cam profile optimization was carried out using an optimal design program PIAnO. Design variables selected included the radial direction of the cam. Design sensitivity analysis was carried out by design section as well. As a result of optimization, the sustaining time for the latching section was increased.
Cam Profile Optimization;Circuit Breaker;Design Sensitivity Analysis;Multi-body Dynamics
- Sohn, J. H., Lee, S. K., Kim, S. O. and Yoo, W. S., 2007, "Study of Spring Modeling Techniques for Kinematic and Dynamic Analysis of a Spring operating Mechanism for the Circuit Breaker," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.31, No.7, pp.777-783. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2007.31.7.777
- Lee, S. K., Kim, S. O., Yoo, W. S. and Sohn, J. H., 2007, "Study on the Spring Modeling of Circuit Breaker with Spring Operating Mechanism," KSME Spring Conference, Vol. 2007, No. 5, pp. 2171-2176.
- Choi, G. S., Cha, H. K., Sohn, J. H. and Yoo, W. S., 2014, "Optimum Latch Contour Design for Improving Gas Circuit Breaker Performance," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.38, No.1, pp.25-30.
- Jang, J. S., Yoon, C. G., Ryu, C. Y., Kim, H. W., Bae, B. T. and Yoo, W. S., 2015, "Optimization of the Switch Mechanism in a Circuit Breaker Using MBD Based Simulation," The Scientific World Journal, Vol. 2015.
- Kim, J. H., Ahn, K. Y., Kim, S. H. and Lee, D. G. and Kwak, Y. K., 1998, "Design of the Cam Used in Power Circuit Breaker with Non-Constant Angular Velocity" Journal of the Korean Society for Precision Engineering, pp. 692-697.
- Kim, J. H., Ahn, K. Y., Kim, S. H. and Kwak, Y. K., 2001, "Optimal Design of a Variable-Speed Cam for Power Circuit Breaker," Journal of the KSPE, Vol. 18, No. 12, pp.47-53.
- Yoo, W. S., Kim, S. O. and Sohn, J. H., 2007, "Dynamic Analysis and Design of a High Voltage Circuit Breaker with Spring Operating Mechanism," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol.21, No. 12, pp.2101-2107. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03177469
- Jang, J. S., Sohn, J. H. and Yoo, W. S., 2011, "Optimization of the Cam Profile of a Vacuum Circuit Breaker by Using Multi-body Dynamics," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol.35, No.7, pp.723-728.
- ADAMS User's Guide, MSC Software Corporation, 2005.
- PIAnO User's Guide, PIDOTECH, 2004.
- MATLAB User's Guide, MathWorks, 1984.
- Choi, J. H., Jung, S. I., Park, J. B., Lee, J., Hong, K. J. and Choi, D. H., 2002, "The Optimal Design of Switched Reluctance Motor Using Progressive Quadratic Response Surface Method," KIEE summer conference, Vol. 2002, No. 7, pp. 595-597.
Supported by : 부산대학교