- Volume 40 Issue 1
This paper presents observer-based virtual sensors for YMC(Yaw Moment Control) systems by differential braking. A high-fidelity empirical model of the hydraulic unit in YMC system was developed for a model-based observer design. Optimal, adaptive, and robust observers were then developed and their estimation accuracy and robustness against model uncertainty were investigated via HILS tests. The HILS results indicate that the proposed disturbance attenuation approach indeed exhibits more satisfactory pressure estimation performance than the other approach with admissible degradation against the predefined model disturbance.
Yaw Moment Control;Virtual Sensor;Empirical Modeling;Optimal Observer;Robust Observer;Adaptive Observer
- Pilutti, T., Ulsoy, G. and Hrovat, D., 1998, "Vehicle Steering Intervention Through Differential Braking," ASME J. Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, Vol. 120, pp. 314-321. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2805402
- You, S. H., Jo, J. S., Yoo, S., Hahn, J. O. and Lee, K. I., 2006, "Vehicle Lateral Stability Management Using Gain-Scheduled Robust Control," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 20, No. 11, pp. 1898-1913. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03027583
- Lee, J., Choi, J., Yi, K., Shin, M. and Ko, B., 2014, "Lane-Keeping Assistance Control Algorithm Using Differential Braking to Prevent Unintended Lane Departures," Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 23, pp. 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2013.10.008
- Choi, J., Yi, K., Suh, J. and Ko, B., 2014, "Coordinated Control of Motor-Driven Power Steering Torque Overlay and Differential Braking for Emergency Driving Support," IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, Vol. 63, pp. 566-579. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2013.2279719
- Kakalis, L., Zorzutti, A., Cheli, F. and Travaglio, G., 2008, "Brake Based Torque Vectoring for Sport Vehicle Performance Improvement," SAE Paper 2008-01-0591.
- You, S. H., Cho, Y. M. and Hahn, J. O., 2013, "A Component-Level Failure Detection and Identification Algorithm Based on Open-Loop and Closed-Loop State Estimators," Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 471-486. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2012.10.014
- Hong, D., Hwang, I., Sunwoo, M. and Huh, K., 2007, "Maximum Braking Force Control Utilizing the Estimated Braking Force," International journal of automotive technology, Vol. 8, No. 2, pp. 211-217.
- Van Zanten, A. T., Erhardt, R., Pfaff, G., Kost, F., Uwe, H. and Ehret, T., 1996, "Control Aspects of the Bosch-VDC," Proceedings of the International Symposium on Advanced Vehicle Control, pp. 573-608.
- Wang, S.H., Kou, T.S. and Hsu, C.F., 1987, "Optimal-Observer Design for Linear Dynamical Systems with Uncertain Parameters", International Journal of Control, Vol. 45, No. 2, pp. 701-711. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207178708933762
- ZAK, S.H., 1990, "On the Stabilization and Observation of Nonlinear/Uncertain Dynamic Systems," IEEE Transaction on Automatic Control, Vol. 35, No. 5, pp. 604-607. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.53535
- Walcott, B.L. and Zak, S.H., 1987, "State Observation of Nonlinear Uncertain Dynamical Systems," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, Vol. 32, pp. 166-170. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAC.1987.1104530
- Cho, Y.M. and Rajamani, R., 1997, "A Systematic Approach to Adaptive Observer Synthesis for Nonlinear Systems," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, Vol. 42, pp. 534-537. https://doi.org/10.1109/9.566664
- You, S.H., Hahn, J.O., Cho, Y.M. and Lee, K.I., 2006, "Modeling and Control of a Hydraulic Unit for Direct Yaw Moment Control in an Automobile," Control Engineering Practice, Vol. 14, pp. 1011-1022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conengprac.2005.06.002
- Boyd, S., Ghaoui, L.E., Feron, E. and Balakrishnan, V., 1994, Linear Matrix Inequalities in System and Control Theory, SIAM, Philadelphia.
Supported by : 한국기술교육대학교