- Volume 40 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Joint Module with Joint Torque Sensor Having Disk-type Coupling for Torque Error Reduction
토크 오차 감소를 위한 디스크형 커플링을 갖는 토크센서가 내장된 로봇 관절모듈
Min, Jae-Kyung;Kim, Hwi-Su;Song, Jae-Bok
- Received : 2015.01.10
- Accepted : 2015.11.17
- Published : 2016.02.01
Force control and collision detection for a robot are usually conducted using a 6-axis force/torque sensor mounted at the end-effector. However, this scheme suffers from high-cost and the inability to detect collisions at the robot body. As an alternative, joint torque sensors embedded in each joint were used, which also suffered from various errors in torque measurement. To resolve this problem, a robot joint module with an improved joint torque sensor is proposed in this study. In the proposed torque sensor, a cross-roller bearing and disk-type coupling are added to prevent the moment load from adversely affecting the measurement of the joint torque under consideration. This joint design also aims to reduce the stress induced during the assembly process of the sensor. The performance of the proposed joint torque sensor was verified through various experiments.
Joint Torque Sensor;Robot Joint Module;Disk-Type Coupling;Torque Measurement;Moment Load
- Kaneko, K., Kanehiro, F., Kajita, S., Hirukawa, H., Kawasaki, T., Hirata, M., Akachi, K. and Isozumi, T., 2004, "Humanoid Robot HRP 2," Proc. of the 2004 IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1083-1090.
- Gravel, P.D. and Newman, S. W., 2011, "Flexible Robotic Assembly Efforts at Ford Motor Company," Proc. of the IEEE Int. Sym. on Intelligent Control, pp.173-182.
- Tsetserukou, D., Tadakuma, R., Kajimoto, H., Kawakami, N. and Tachi, S., 2007, "Development of a Whole-Sensitive Teleoperated Robot Arm using Torque Sensing Technique," Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp. 476-481.
- Parmiggiani, A., Randazzo, M., Natale, L., Metta, G. and Sandini, G., 2009, "Joint Torque Sensing for the Upper-Body of the iCub Humanoid Robot," IEEE/RAS Int. Conf. on Humanoid Robots, pp. 15-20.
- Cho, C. N., Kim, J. H., Lee, S. D. and Song, J. B., 2012, "Collision Detection and Reaction on 7 DOF Service Robot Arm Using Residual Observer," Journal of Mechanical Science and Technology, Vol. 26 No. 4, pp. 1197-1203. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-012-0230-0
- Hirzinger, G., Sporer, N., Albu-Schaffer, A., Hahnle, M., Krenn, R., Pascucci, A. and Schedl, M., 2002, "DLR's Torque-Controlled Light Weight Robot III-are we Reaching the Technological Limits Now?" Proc. of the IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1710-1716.
- Siciliano, B. and Khatib, O., 2007, "Handbook of Robotics," Springer-Verlag.
- SamickHDS Co. LTD., http://www.samickhds.co.kr
- Aghili, F., Buehler, M. and Hollerbach, J., 2001, "Design of a Hollow Hexaform Torque Sensor for Robot Joint," Int. Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 20, No. 12, pp. 967-976. https://doi.org/10.1177/02783640122068227
- CAS Co., http://www.globalcas.com
- External Force Estimation by Modifying RLS using Joint Torque Sensor for Peg-in-Hole Assembly Operation vol.13, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.7746/jkros.2018.13.1.055
Supported by : 한국산업기술평가관리원