- Volume 40 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Investigation of Error Factors from an Impact Hammer Test for Developing a Statistic Based Technique for Model Updating
통계 기반 모델 개선을 위한 임팩트 해머 실험의 오차 요인 분석
Lee, Su;Lee, Jin Woo
- Received : 2015.09.17
- Accepted : 2015.11.16
- Published : 2016.02.01
In this work, experimental errors from an impact hammer test were investigated to develop a statistic-based technique for updating a finite element model. Digital signal processing was analyzed by using theoretical models and experiments when errors occurred during the experimental procedure. First, the duration time and peak level of the excitation signal, the stiffness and position of elastic springs connecting the specimen as well as the support, position and mass of the accelerometer were considered as error factors during the experiment. Then the picket fence effect, leakage, and exponential window function were considered as candidate error factors during the digital signal processing. Finally, methods to reduce errors are suggested.
Finite Element Analysis;Impact Hammer Test;Uncertainty;Frequency Response Function;Natural Frequency
- Unlusoy, L., Sahin, M. and Yaman, Y., 2012, "Verification of a Finite Element Model of an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Wing Torque Box via Experimental Modal Testing," ASME 2012 11th Biennial Conference on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis.
- Angeli, P., Barazza, F. and Blanchini, F., 2010, "Natural Frequency Intervals for Vibrating Systems with Polytopic Uncertainty," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 329, Issue.7, pp. 944-959. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2009.10.014
- Gao, W., 2007, "Natural Frequency and Mode Shape Analysis of Structures with Uncertainty," Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol. 21, No. 1, pp.24-39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2006.05.007
- Carne, T. G. and Dohrmann, C, R., 1998, "Support Conditions, Their Effect on Measured Modal Parameters," Proceedings of the 16th International Modal Analysis Conference.
- Baldanzini, N. and Pierini, M., 2002, "An Assessment of Transducer Mass Loading Effects on The Parameters of An Experimental Statistical Energy Analysis (SEA) Model," Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Vol.16, No.5, pp.885-903. https://doi.org/10.1006/mssp.2002.1485
- Kotambkar, M., S., 2014, "Effect of Mass Attachment of Natural Frequency of Free-Free Beam Analytical, Numerical and Experimental Investigation," International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies, Vol. (III/IV), pp. 102-115.
- Baharin, N., H. and Rahman, R. A., 2009, "Effect of Accelerometer Mass on Thin Plate Vibration," Jurnal Mekanikal, No.29 pp. 100-111.
- Ingber, M. S., Pate, A. L. and Salazar, J. M., 1992, "Vibration of a Clamped Plate with Concentrated Mass and Spring Attachments, Journal of Sound and Vibration," Vol.153, No.1, pp.143-166. https://doi.org/10.1016/0022-460X(92)90633-9
- Chiba, M. and Sugimoto, T., 2003, "Vibration Characteristics of a Cantilever Plate with Attached Spring-Mass System," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 260, Issue.2, pp. 237-263. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0022-460X(02)00921-5
- Koruk, H. and Sanliturk, K. Y., 2011, "Kamping Uncertainty Due to Noise and Exponential Windowing," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 330, Issue. 23, pp. 5690-5706. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2011.07.006
- Ahn, S. J. and Jeong, W. B., 2003, "FRF Distortion Caused by Exponential Window Function on Impact Hammer Testing and Its Solution," Transactions of KSNV, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 334-340.
- Tondreau, G. and Deraemaeker, A., 2014, "Numerical and Experimental Analysis of Uncertainty on Modal Parameters Estimated with The Stochastic Subspace Method," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 333, No. 18, pp. 4376-4401. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2014.04.039
- Griffith, D., T. and Carne, T., G., 2007, "Experimental Uncertainty Quantification of Modal Test Data," 25th International Modal Analysis Conference.
- Ashory, M., R., 1998, "Correction of Mass-Loading Effects of Transducers and Suspension Effects in Modal Testing," SPIE Proceedings Series Society of Photo Optical Instrumentation Engineers.
- Ashory, M., R., 2002, "Assessment of the Mass- Loading Effects of Accelerometers in Modal Testing," SPIE Proceedings Series Society of Photo-Optical Instrumentation Engineers.
- Hosoya, N., Yaginuma, S., Onodera, H. and Yoshimura, T., 2015, "Estimation of the Auto Frequency Response Function at Unexcited Points Using Dummy Masses," Journal of Sound and Vibration Vol. 337, pp. 14-27. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2014.09.033
- Lee, J., Y., 2000, "Prediction of Modified Structural Natural Frequencies and Modes Using Iterative Sensitivity Coefficient," Journal of KSMTE, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 40-46.
- Lee, J., Y., 2002, "A Structural Eigen derivative Analysis by Modification of Design Parameter," Trans of Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 26, No. 4, pp. 739-744. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2002.26.4.739
- Lee, J., Y., 2015, "Model Updating in Small Structural Dynamics Model by Elimination of Mass Loading Effect of Accelerometer," Transactions of KSNV, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 40-47.
- Silva, J. M.M., Maia, N. M.M. and Ribeiro, A.M. R., 2000, "Cancellation of Mass-Loading Effects of Transducers and Evaluation of Unmeasured Frequency Response Functions," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 236, No. 5, pp. 761-779. https://doi.org/10.1006/jsvi.1999.2993
Grant : 모듈형 시스템설계를 위한 플러그인 디지털 해석 프레임 워크 개발
Supported by : 산업통상 자원부