- Volume 40 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on the Linear Static Structural Analysis Error of Helical Compression Springs
압축 원통 코일 스프링의 선형 정적 구조 해석 오차에 관한 연구
- Received : 2015.10.11
- Accepted : 2015.12.24
- Published : 2016.02.01
Helical compression springs have been widely used in industries. The springs should be verified through experiment whether the inherent characteristics of the spring can be maintained during the manufacturing process. Considerable time and expense is spent in the manufacturing process. Therefore, in this study, the structural integrity evaluation of a spring was conducted using linear static structural analysis. Verification and comparison of the experimental data were carried out using a variety of international industrial standards with the intent to prove the validity of this study. The spring model did not consider coil ends. As a result of conducting the structural analysis, the quality of the mesh was improved and the time needed to create an analytical model was reduced. The study indicated that Poisson's ratio had little influence on the result of the structural analysis. Additionally, the possibility of verifying the structural integrity evaluation by structural analysis was confirmed.
Helical Compression Spring;Spring Constant;Poisson's Ratio;Structural Integrity Evaluation;Linear Static Structural Analysis
- Chu, S.-I., Kim, J.-H. and Moon, S.-W., 2006, "Analysis And Experiment for Mechanical Characterization of Micro-spring with Small Area," Proceeding of KSME Spring Symposium, pp. 11-16.
- Kim, K.-H., Lee, Y.-S. and Han, J.-D., 2014, " Stress Analysis of Plate-Spring-Type Landing Gear Materials," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 38, No. 3, pp. 303-308. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.3.303
- Oh, S.H. and Choi, B.L., 2014, "Prediction of Spring Rate and Initial Failure Load due to Material Properties of Composite Leaf Spring," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 38, No. 12, pp. 1345-1350. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2014.38.12.1345
- Oh, S.H. and Choi, B.L., 2014, "Analytical and Experimental Study for Development of Composite Coil Springs," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 38, No. 1, pp. 31-36.
- Choi, W.Y., Suh, Y.K. and Kang, S.M., 2015, "Numerical Model of Propulsive Behavior of a Rotating Spring in Viscous Fluid," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, Vol. 39, No. 6, pp. 497-504. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2015.39.6.497
- Kim, Y.S., Kim, S.-S., Cha, K.-U. and Noh, M.G., 2011, "Study on Designing Recoil System with Friction Springs," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 367-374. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2011.35.4.367
- Kwon, T.H., Suh, C.H., Lee, R.G., Oh, S.K., Jung, Y.-C. and Lim, H.B., 2013, "Optimization of Design Parameters for Lock-Claws of Pneumatic Fitting Using Taguchi Method," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 37, No. 12, pp. 1541-1546. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.12.1541
- Yang, Y.-G., Han, G.-B. and Kim, C.-W., 2011, "Relationship Between Restoring Force and Typical Stroke with SMA Coil Spring in Electrosurgical Knee Wand," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. B, Vol. 35, No. 12, pp. 1301-1307. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-B.2011.35.12.1301
- Japanese Industrial Standard, 2010, JIS B 2704-1 : 2009 Coil springs-Part 1: Basic calculation methods on helical compression and extension springs, First English Edition.
- Japanese Automobile Standard, 1997, JASO C 605- 97 Coil springs for automobile suspension, Third Edition.
- Ansys Inc, 2013, ANSYS Mechanical APDL Theory Reference, ANSYS, Ansys Release 15.0.
- The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2010, 2010ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code I Rules for Construction of Power Boilers, 2010 Edition.
- The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2010, 2010ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code IV Rules for Construction of Heating Boilers, 2010 Edition.
- The American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2010, 2010ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code VIII Division 1 Rules for Construction of Pressure Vessels, 2010 Edition.
- International Organization for Standardization, 2004, ISO 4126-1 Safety devices for protection against excessive pressure-Part 1: Safety valves.
- Korea Industrial Standards, 2007, KS B 2400 : 2007 Helical Compression and Extension Springs- Requirement for Design, 2007 Edition.
Supported by : 동아대학교