- Volume 40 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Experimental Study for the Reinforcement of District Heating Pipe
지역난방 열배관 강화를 위한 실증시험 연구
- Kim, Jaemin (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Inha Univ.) ;
- Kim, Jooyong (District Heating Technology Research Institute, Korea District Heating Corp.) ;
- Cho, Chongdu (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Inha Univ.)
- Received : 2014.11.17
- Accepted : 2015.12.14
- Published : 2016.03.01
In this study, an alternative bend design is proposed to overcome the aging problem in piping bends. In this design, the foam pad is not included. Finite element analysis was performed based on the total pipe diameter. From this analysis, the shape of the Shear Control Ring (SCR) was determined. Temperature, stress, and other data of the proposed reinforced pipe were acquired and analyzed after the test was performed. The value of the thermal stress for the reinforced steel pipe satisfied the required standard without the foam pad based on the manufacturing of the reinforced fitting and construction site of the test. The reinforcement provided a shear strength level for the foam pad that resulted in maximum shear stress less than stress based on the original foam pad applied at the pipe bend. Additionally, an increasing factor of safety effect for the reinforced fitting application was discovered.
District Heating Pipe;Finite Element Analysis;Shear Control Ring;Reinforced Fitting;Taguchi Method
- Kim, J., Kim, H., Ko, H. I. An, Y. M. and Cho, C., 2009, "Design Validation and Improvement of District Heating Pipe Using FE Simulation," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 33, No. 4, pp. 337-345. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2009.33.4.337
- Choi, M., Kim, J., Ko, H. I. and Cho, C., 2010, "Shape Design of Bends in District Heating Pipe System by Taguchi Method" Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 34, No. 3, pp. 307-313. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2010.34.3.307
- Lee, S., 2003, "The Taguchi Technique from the Field to Apply," Sangjosa, pp. 15-268.
- Lee, S., 2006, "Taguchi Techniques for Use with Minitab," Eretec inc., pp. 18-70.
- Korea District Heating Corporation, 2003, "A Construction Guidebook of District Heating Pipe Facilities," KDHC DH Pipe Network Division, Vol. 2, pp. 225-240.
- Soil Material Property / Young's Soil Modulus http://www.geotechnicalinfo.com
- Randlov, P., 1997, "District Heating Handbook," European District Heating Pipe Manufacturers Association, pp. 131-138.