- Volume 40 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Wedge Splitting Test and Fracture Energy on Particulate Reinforced Composites
입자강화 복합재료의 쐐기분열시험 및 파괴에너지 평가
- Na, Seong Hyeon ;
- Kim, Jae Hoon ;
- Choi, Hoon Seok ;
- Park, Jae Beom ;
- Kim, Shin Hoe ;
- Jung, Gyoo Dong
- Received : 2015.03.31
- Accepted : 2016.01.27
- Published : 2016.03.01
The effect of temperature on the fracture energy, crack propagation, and crack tip opening displacement (CTOD) was determined for particulate reinforced composites using the wedge splitting test. The materials that were used consisted of a polymer binder, an oxidizing agent, and aluminum particles. The test rate of the wedge splitting specimen was 50 mm/min, the temperature conditions were
Wedge Splitting Test;Fracture Energy;Digital Image Correlation;Crack Tip Opening Distance (CTOD)
- Liu, C. T., 1997, "Crack Growth Behavior in a Solid Propellant," Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 56, No. 1, pp. 127-135. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0013-7944(96)00107-5
- Schapery, R. A., 1975, "A Theory of Crack Initiation and Growth in Viscoelastic Media: II, Approximate Methods of Analysis," International Journal of Fracture, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 369-388.
- Tussiwand, G. S., Saouma, V. E., Terzenbach, R. and De Luca, L. T., 2009, "Fracture Mechanics of Composite Solid Rocket Propellant Grains: Material Testing," Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 25, No. 1, pp. 60-73. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.34227
- Kwon, Y. W. and Liu, C. T., 1998, "Damage Growth in a Particulate Composite under a High Strain Rate Loading," Mechanics Research Communications, Vol. 25, No. 3, pp. 329-336. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0093-6413(98)00045-7
- Kakavas, P. A., 2013, "Mechanical Properties of Propellant Composite Materials Reinforced with Ammonium Perchlorate Particles," International Journal of Solids and Structures, Vol. 51, No. 10, pp. 2019-2026.
- Bruhwiler, E. and Wittmann, F. H., 1990, "The Wedge Splitting Test, A New Method of Performing Stable Fracture Mechanics Tests," Engineering Fracture Mechanics, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 117-125. https://doi.org/10.1016/0013-7944(90)90189-N
- Crammond, G. S., Boyd, W. and Dulieu-Barton, J.M., 2013, "Speckle Pattern Quality Assessment for Digital Image Correlation," Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 51, pp. 1368-1378. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlaseng.2013.03.014
- Lecompte, D., Smits, A. and Sven B., 2006, "Quality Assessment of Speckle Patterns for Digital Image Correlation," Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 44, pp. 1132-1145. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.optlaseng.2005.10.004
- Seo, B. H. and Kim, J. H., 2014, "Estimation of Master Curves of Relaxation Modulus and Tensile Properties for Solid Propellant," Advanced Materials Research, Vol. 871, pp. 247-252.
- Jung, G. D., 1998, "A Nonlinear Viscoelastic Constitutive Model of Solid Propellant," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 22, No. 7, pp. 1237-1249.
- Seo, B. H. and Kim, J. H., 2013, "Effect of Temperature and Thickness on Fracture Toughness of Solid Propellant," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 37, No. 11, pp. 1355-1360. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.11.1355
Grant : BK21플러스
Supported by : 충남대학교