- Volume 40 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Optimum Design of a Coil Spring for Improving the Performance of a Spring -Operated Mechanism
스프링 조작기의 성능 개선을 위한 코일스프링의 최적 설계
Lee, Dae Woo;Sohn, Jeong Hyun;Yoo, Wan Suk
- Received : 2015.07.28
- Accepted : 2016.01.18
- Published : 2016.03.01
In this study, a release test bed is designed to evaluate the dynamic behaviors of a coil spring. From the release tests, the dynamic behaviors of a coil spring are analyzed. A lumped parameter spring model was established for numerical simulation of a spring. The design variables of a coil spring are optimized by using the design of experiments approach. Two-level factorial designs are used for the design optimization, and the primary effects of the design variables are analyzed. Based on the results of the interaction analysis and design sensitivity analysis, the level of the design variables is rearranged. Finally, the mixed-level factorial design is used for the optimum design process. According to the optimum design of the opening spring, the dynamic performance of the spring-operated mechanism increases by 2.90.
Gas Insulated Circuit Breaker;Spring Operating Mechanism;Design Of Experiments
- Paranjpe, R. S., 1990, "Dynamic Analysis of a Valve Spring with a Coulomb-friction Damper," ASME J. Mechanical Design, 115, pp. 412-422.
- Sakai, H. and Kosaki, H., 1976, "Analysis of Valve Motion in Overhear Valve Linkage-roles of Valve Spring Surge in Valve Motion," J. Faculty Eng. Uni. Tokyo (B) XXXIII(4), pp. 441-446.
- Ahn, K. Y. and Kim, S. H., 2003, "Influence of Spring Dynamics and Friction On Dynamic Responses in a Spring-driven Cam," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 247-254. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2003.27.2.247
- Sohn, J. H., Lee, S. K., Kim, S. O. and Yoo, W. S., 2008, "Comparison of Spring Models for Dynamic Analysis of a High Voltage Circuit Breaker with a Spring Operating Mechanism," Mechanics Based Design of Structures and Machines: An International Journal, 36:2, pp. 107-128. https://doi.org/10.1080/15397730701854573
- Lee, D. W., Sohn, J. H. and Yoo, W. S., 2014, "Mass Effect Analysis of a Coil Spring for the Performance Evaluation of a Gas Insulated Circuit Breaker," International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, Vol. 15, No. 12, pp. 2543-2548. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-014-0625-1
- Eriksson, L., Johansson, E., Kettaneh-Wold, N., Wikstrom, C. and Wold, S., 2008, Design of Experiments: Principles and Applications. 3rd ed., Umetrics Academy.
- Box, G. E. P., Hunter, W. G. and Hunter, J. S., 1978, Statistics for Experimenters. John Wiley & Sons: New York.
- Lundstedt, T., Seifert, E., Abramo, L., Thelin, B., Nystrom, A., Pettersen, J. and Bergman, R., 1998, Experimental design and optimization, Chemom. Intell. Lab. Syst., Vol. 42, No. 1-2, pp. 3-40. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0169-7439(98)00065-3
Supported by : 부경대학교