- Volume 40 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Development of a Robot Vision Control Scheme Based on the Newton-Raphson Method for the Uncertainty of Circumstance
불확실한 환경에서 N-R방법을 이용한 로봇 비젼 제어기법 개발에 대한 연구
- Jang, Min Woo (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun Univ.) ;
- Jang, Wan Shik (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun Univ.) ;
- Hong, Sung Mun (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun Univ.)
- Received : 2015.10.01
- Accepted : 2016.01.18
- Published : 2016.03.01
This study aims to develop a robot vision control scheme using the Newton-Raphson (N-R) method for the uncertainty of circumstance caused by the appearance of obstacles during robot movement. The vision system model used for this study involves six camera parameters (C1-C6). First, the estimation scheme for the six camera parameters is developed. Then, based on the six estimated parameters for three of the cameras, a scheme for the robot's joint angles is developed for the placement of a slender bar. For the placement of a slender bar for the uncertainty of circumstances, in particular, the discontinuous robot trajectory caused by obstacles is divided into three obstacle regions: the beginning region, middle region, and near-target region. Then, the effects of obstacles while using the proposed robot vision control scheme are investigated in each obstacle region by performing experiments with the placement of the slender bar.
N-R Method;Robot Control Scheme;Uncertainty of Circumstance;Slender Bar
Supported by : 조선대학교
- Kelly, R., Carelli, R., Nasisis, O., Kuchen, B. and Reyes, F., 2000, "Stable Visual Servoing of Camera-inhand Robotics Systems," IEE/ASME Trans, on Mechatronics, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 39-48. https://doi.org/10.1109/3516.828588
- Yoshihiro, T., Yasuo, K. and Hiroyuki, I., 1996, "Positioning-Control of Robot Manipulator Using Visual Sensor," Int. Conference on Control, Automation, Robotics and Vision, pp. 894-898.
- Berthold, K. P. H., 1986, "Robot vision," Cambridge, Massachusetts, The MIT Press., pp. 46-48.
- Peter, A. S., 1993, "Control of Eye and Arm Movements Using Active, Attentional Vision," Applications of AI, Machine Vision and Robotics, pp. 1471-1491.
- Skaar, S. B., Brockman, W. H. and Jang, W. S., 1997, "Three-dimensional Camera Space Manipulation," International Journal of Robotics Research, Vol. 9, No. 4, pp. 22-39.
- Shahamiri, M. and Jagersand, M., 2005, "Uncalibrated Visual Servoing using a Biased Newton Method for On-line Singularity Detection and Avoidance," IEEE/RSJ International Conference, pp.3953-3958.
- Yang, C., Huang, Q., Ogbobe, P. O. and Han, J., 2009, "Forward Kinematics Analysis of Parallel Robots Using global Newton-Raphson Method," Proceedings of 2009 Second ICICTA, pp. 407-410.
- Makoto, U. and Koizumi, H., 2012, "A Calculation Method of Photo Voltaic Array's Operational Point for MPPT Evaluation Based on One Variable Newton-Raphson Method," Sustainable Energy Technologies (ICSET), IEEE Third International Conference, pp. 451-456.
- Bae, M. J., 2014, "Extraction of Slot Parameters for Waveguide Antennas Using the Newton Raphson Method," Journal of KIIT, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp. 33-41.
- Son, J. K., Jang, W. S. and Hong, S. M., 2013, "Evaluation of Two Robot Vision Control Algorithms Developed Based on N-R and EKF Methods for Slender Bar Placement," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 37, No. 4, pp. 447-459. https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.4.447
- Hong, S. M., 2015, "Development of Robot Vision Control Schemes Using the N-R and EKF Methods for the Moving Target Tracking and Slender Bar Placement Tasks," Thesis of Master of Engineering, School of Mechanical Engineering, Chosun University.
- David, F., Robert, P. and Roger, P., 1978, "Statistic," Canada: W.W.Norton, pp.58-59.