- Volume 40 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Suspension Optimization of the Korean Personal Rapid Transit Vehicle
한국형 PRT차량의 현가장치 최적화 연구
- Received : 2015.08.18
- Accepted : 2016.01.18
- Published : 2016.03.01
In this study, running stability and ride quality analyses, applying the 'ISO 3888 (double lane change)' and 'ISO 2631-1' (mechanical vibration and shock) tests, were performed for the suspension optimization of the Korean personal rapid transit (PRT) vehicle. The suspension optimization results for running stability and ride quality were derived by applying the multiresponse surface method. From the comparisons of the optimization results for different ratios of the objective functions of running stability and ride quality, we derived the best objective function ratio of 3.9-to-6.1 to improve both the running stability and the ride quality. With the optimized results, the suspension stiffness became 30.68 N/mm, between the value of the
Personal Rapid Transit;Running Stability;Ride Quality;Optimization;Suspension
- Cho, J. G., Kim, J. W., Kim, H. T., Koo, J. S., Kang, S. K. and Jeong, R. G., 2014, "A Study on the Durability and Running Stability Evaluation of the Korean PRT," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 22, No. 5, pp. 50-58.
- Cho, J. G., Koo, J. S., Kang, S. K. and Jeong, R. G., 2013, "A Study on Design Specifications and Evaluation of Structural Strength for PRT," Transactions of KSAE, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 144-152. https://doi.org/10.7467/KSAE.2013.21.4.144
- Kang, S. K., Cho, J. G., Jeong, R. G., Kim, J. W. and Koo, J. S., 2013, "An Engineering Design of the PRT Vehicle Architecture Suitable as On-demand Transit System in Korea," KSAE, pp. 2119-2123.
- Legal, d. F. L., Borges, J. A. F. and Butkewitsch, S., "A Case Study on the Response Surface Method Applied to the Optimization of the Dynamical Behavior of Vehicles," SAE International, 2006-01-1953.
- Wu, S., Hou, Y., Li, L., Zhang, Y. and Chen, L., "Special Analytical Target Cascading for Handling Performance and Ride Quality Based on Conceptual Suspension Model and Multi-body Model," SAE International, 2009-01-1455.
- Eskandari, A., Mirzadeh, O. and Azadi, S., "Optimization of a McPherson Suspension System Using the Design of Experiments Method," SAE International, 2006-01-1953.
- Kim, J. W., Kang, S. W., Lee, K. S., Kim, C. S. and Jeong, R. G., 2013, "Study on the Specifications and Design of the Korean PRT Vehicle," The Korean Society for Railway Autumn conference, pp. 133-138.
- MSC Software, Adams/car User Manual, 2013.
- Cho, I. S., Lee, K. S., Kim, J. W., Jeong, R. G., Kim, C. S. and S. W. Kang, 2015, "An Engineering Design, Implementation and Test of a Prototype Vehicle for Realization of Korean Mini-Tram (PRT)," The Korean Society for Railway Spring conference, pp. 98-103.
- Mechanical simulation, CarSim User manual Version 8.
- ISO 3888-1, Passenger cars - Test Track for a Severe Lane-change Maneuver-Part 1: Double Lane-change, 1999.
- Grip, H. F., Imsland, L., Johansen, Tor A., Kalkkuhl, Jens C. and Suissa, A., 2009, "Vehicle Sideslip Estimation Design, Implementation, and Experimental validation," IEEE Control Systems Magazine.
- ISO 8608: Mechanical Vibration - Road Surface Profiles, 1995.
- ISO 2631-1: Mechanical Vibration and Shock-evaluation of Human Exposure to Whole-body Vibration, 1997.
- LMS, Tecware REV 3.10.
- Origin Lab Corporation, Origin Pro 9.1.
- Minitab Inc., Minitab 17.
- Kim, S. K., Park, J. H., Choi, B. I., Lee, H. J., Lee, Y. H., Kim, J. S. and Kim, K. J., 2009, "Optimization of Rear Link Component of Automobile for Light-weight," KSME Spring Conference, pp. 100-102.
- Park, S. H., 1998, Modern Design of Experiments, Minyoungsa, Seoul, pp. 521-572.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교