- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Dipole- and Loop-Mode Transformable Origami Paper Antenna
다이폴 상태와 루프 상태로 변환 가능한 종이접기 방식의 종이 안테나
- Received : 2015.10.02
- Accepted : 2015.12.07
- Published : 2016.01.31
A pattern-switchable origami antenna is designed with paper using inkjet-printing technology. The proposed antenna can be switched between loop and dipole antenna modes by folding and unfolding the paper, respectively. The proposed antenna is designed for the resonant frequencies of both modes to be 1.85 GHz. Eutectic gallium-indium liquid metal is introduced in order to avoid cracks in the conductive ink when the paper is folded. The performance of the proposed antenna is demonstrated through simulation and measurement results and antenna gain of dipole-mode and loop-mode are -4 dBi and -5 dBi, respectively. Also, the nulls of both dipole and loop modes compensate nulls from each mode.
Dipole Antenna;Loop Antenna;Oritami Paper Antenna;Eutectic Gallium-Indium(EGaIn);Liquid Metal
- H. Kang, S. Lim, "Electric and magnetic loop mode pattern switchable antenna", in Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), 2012 International Symposium, Nagoya, pp. 1337-1340, Sep. 2012.
- V. Nguyen, M. Jeong, M. Dao, and S. Park, "Four-port beam reconfigurable antenna array for pattern diversity system", IET Microwaves Antennas & Propagation, 6, pp. 1179-1186, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1049/iet-map.2011.0606
- S. Yong, J. T. Bernhard, "A pattern reconfigurable null scanning antenna", Antennas and Propagation IEEE Transactions on, 60, pp. 4538-4544, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2012.2207336
- S. Nikolaou, R. Bairavasubramanian, C. Lugo Jr, I. Carrasquillo, D. C. Thompson, G. E. Ponchak, J. Papapolymerou, and M. M. Tentzeris, "Pattern and frequency reconfigurable annular slot antenna using PIN diodes", Antennas and Propagation IEEE Transactions on, 54, pp. 439-448, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2005.863398
- S. Shynu, G. Augustin, C. K. Aanandan, P. Mohanan, and K. Vasudevan, "Design of compact reconfigurable dual frequency microstrip antennas using varactor diodes", Progress in Electromagnetics Research, 60, pp. 197-205, 2006. https://doi.org/10.2528/PIER05120101
- G. H. Huff, J. T. Bernhard, "Integration of packaged RF MEMS switches with radiation pattern reconfigurable square spiral microstrip antennas", Antennas and Propagation IEEE Transactions on, 54, pp. 464-469, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2005.863409
- C. W. Jung, M. Lee, G. Li, and F. De Flaviis, "Reconfigurable scan-beam single-arm spiral antenna integrated with RF-MEMS switches", Antennas and Propagation IEEE Transactions on, 54, pp. 455-463, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2005.863407
- G. J. Hayes, Y. Liu, J. Genzer, G. Lazzi, and M. D. Dickey, "Self-folding origami microstrip antennas", Antennas and Propagation IEEE Transactions on, 62, pp. 5416-5419, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2014.2346188
- X. Liu, S. Yao, S. V. Georgakopoulos, and M. Tentzeris, "Origami quadrifilar helix antenna in UHF band", Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (APSURSI), Memphis, pp. 372-373, 2014.
- S. Yao, X. Liu, S. V. Georgakopoulos, and M. M. Tentzeris, "A novel reconfigurable origami spring antenna", Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium(APSURSI), Memphis, pp. 374-375, 2014.
- 이영중, 이진성, 정병운, 박면주, 이병제, "다중 대역 이동 통신 단말기용 내장형 루프 안테나 설계", 한국 전자파학회논문지, 16(9), pp. 917-925, 2005년 9월.
- Novacentrix Corp. Metalon, conductive inks for printed electronics-metalon js-b25p. [www.novacentrix.com]. 2011.
- T. W. Yun, S. Lee, and S. J. Lim, "The capacitive touch paper using inkjet printing technology", The Journal of Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences, 40, pp. 799-805, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7840/kics.2015.40.5.799
- M. D. Dickey, R. C. Chiechi, R. J. Larsen, E. A. Weiss, D. A. Weitz, and G. M. Whitesides, "Eutectic Gallium Indium(EGaIn): A liquid metal alloy for the formation of stable structures in microchannels at room temperature", Advanced Functional Materials, 18, pp. 1097-1104, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1002/adfm.200701216
- Design of a reconfigurable paper antenna using the origami method vol.40, pp.7, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5916/jkosme.2016.40.7.642
Supported by : 정보통신기술진흥센터