- Volume 27 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Design of Resonator for Miniaturization of Magnetic Resonance Wireless Power Transfer System
자기공진형 무선전력전송 시스템의 소형화를 위한 공진기 설계
- Received : 2015.10.22
- Accepted : 2016.01.14
- Published : 2016.02.29
In this paper, we miniaturized the loop and coil in magnetic resonance wireless power transfer(MR-WPT) system for application to the small mobile device. The proposed disk type double coil resonator was designed to cause resonance at 6.87 MHz. It is composed of thin copper on both-side of acrylic substrate structured 2 mm width, 1 mm pitch and 8 turns. The outer radius of spiral coil pattern is 9 cm. And the proposed loop was made of the copper wire 5 mm diameter of cross-section. The size of loop is 10 cm diameter. For resonance at 6.87 MHz, the capacitor with 3,300 pF was connected in series on the loop. We rearranged the resonators and organized several WPT systems which is rearranged by resonators. The highest transfer efficiency of miniaturized WPT system was 35.67 %. This proposed design of spiral double coil will contribute to make resonator smaller for appling small and thin mobile device.
Miniaturization;Magnetic Resonance;Small Mobile Application;Wireless Power Transfer;Resonator
- Y. Huang, J. Wang, T. Sun, X. Xie, G. Li, Y. Gu, and Z. Wang, "An efficiency-enhanced wireless power transfer system with segmented transmitting coils for endoscopic capsule", in Circuits and Systems(ISCAS), 2013 IEEE International Symposium on, pp. 2279-2282, May 2013.
- A. Kurs, A. Karalis, R. Moffatt, J. D. Joannopoulos, P. Fisher, and M. Soljaucic, "Wireless power transfer via strongly coupled magnetic resonances", Science, vol. 317, no. 83, pp. 83-86, May 2007. https://doi.org/10.1126/science.1143254
- T. P. Duong, J. Lee, "Experimental results of high-efficiency resonant coupling wireless power transfer using a variable coupling method", Microwave and Wireless Components Letters, IEEE, vol. 21, no. 8, pp. 442-444, Jul. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/LMWC.2011.2160163
- J. Kim, W. Choi, and J. Jeong, "Loop switching technique for wireless power transfer using magnetic resonance coupling", Progress in Electromagnetics Research, vol. 138, pp. 197-209, Mar. 2013. https://doi.org/10.2528/PIER13012118
- A. P. Sample, D. A. Meyer, and J. R. Smith, "Analysis, experimental results, and range adaptation of magnetically coupled resonators for wireless power transfer", Industrial Electronics, IEEE Transactions on, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 544-554, Jan. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIE.2010.2046002
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교