- Volume 27 Issue 2
In this paper, the SIW(Substrate Integrated Waveguide)-based feeding antenna for the application of SDR(Software Defined Radar) is designed and manufactured. It is usually well-known that SIWs are easily integrated on PCB and have low transmission loss toward high powered input signal. Also, it is recommended that SIWs are strongly immunized to Electromagnetic Interferences(EMI). In particular, the manufactured antennas are loaded on the USRP(Universal Software Radio Peripheral) platform and employed to detect target RCS as an experiment in this paper. The operating frequency of the proposed antenna is in ISM(Industrial, Scientific and Medical) band(2.4~2.48 GHz) and the measured gain is over 8 dBi at 2.44 GHz.
Substrate Integrated Waveguide;Software Defined Radar;Slot Antenna;S-Band
- Dong-Yeon Kim, Jae W. Lee, Taek K. Lee, and Choon Sik Cho, "Design of SIW cavity-backed circular-polarized antennas using two different feeding transitions", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 59, no. 4, pp. 1398-1403, Apr. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2011.2109675
- F. Xu, K. Wu, "Guided-wave and leakage characteristics of substrate integrated waveguide", IEEE Trans. Micro. Theory Tech., vol. 53, no. 1, pp. 66-73, Jan. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/TMTT.2004.839303
- S. S. Yoon, J. Y. Han, and Jae. W. Lee, "SIW-based linearly polarized S-band antenna for software defined radar", 11th International Workshop on Antenna Technology 2015(IWAT 2015), Seoul, Korea, Mar. 2015.
- N. C. Karmakar, "Investigations into a cavity-backed circular-patch antenna", IEEE Trans. Antennas and Propag., vol. 50, no.12, pp. 1706-1715, Dec. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/TAP.2002.807427
- In-Sang Woo, Jung-Soo Jung, Myeong-Seok Park, and Young-Kil Kwag, "Software defined radar platform test-bed for micro-Doppler detection", 5th Asia-Pacific Conference on Synthetic Aperture Radar(APSAR 2015), pp. 50-53, Singapore, Sep. 2015.
Grant : 생활 전파 레이다 센서 SDR 플랫폼 기술 개발
Supported by : 정보통신기술연구진흥센터