- Volume 22 Issue 2
Study on the Optimization of Eel Dipping Sauce added with Bokbunja(Rub corearus Miquel) Vinegar
복분자 식초를 이용한 장어딥핑소스의 제조의 최적화 연구
- Moon, Won-Sik (Dept. of Culinary & Food Service Management, Sejong University) ;
- Yoo, Seung-Seok (Dept. of Culinary & Food Service Management, Sejong University)
- Received : 2015.11.26
- Accepted : 2016.02.10
- Published : 2016.02.29
This study aimed to develop eel dipping sauce adding bokbunja(Rub coreanus Miquel) vinegar and investigated the physicochemical and quality properties of eel dipping sauce for optimization. To accomplish the objective, eel dipping sauce was created by adding bokbunja vinegar. The findings are as follows. Among the composition, moisture and crude fiber content increased as more bokbunja vinegar was added. As for crude protein and crude ash, however, their content decreased as more bokbunja vinegar was added. In terms of crude fat, there was no difference between the control group and addition group. As for pH, the content decreased as more bokbunja vinegar was added. Also. the following properties declined as more bokbunja vinegar was added: titratable acidity; sugar content; salinity; viscosity. In terms of chromaticity, however, the brightness(L), redness(a), and yellowness(b) all increased. The overall acceptability was as follows: 0% < 5% < 10% < 20% < 15% Therefore, the proper content of bokbunja vinegar to add in eel dipping sauce is approximately 15~20%.
- AOAC (1994) Approved Method of American Association of Creal Chem. 15th ed. Association St. Paul MN, Washington. D.C. 210-219.
- Bae GH (2000) The Medicinal Plants of Korea. Kyohak Publishing Co. 127-129. Seoul. Korea.
- Blois MS (1958) Antioxidant determination by the use of a stable free radical. Nature 181:1199-1200. https://doi.org/10.1038/1811199a0
- Cha HS, Park MS, Park KM (2001) Physiological activities of Rubus coreanus Miquel. Korean J Food Sci Technol 33(4):409-415.
- Choi JH, Rhim CH, Choi YJ (1986) Comparative study on protein and amimo acid composition of wild and cultured eel. Bull Korean Fish Soc 19(1):60-68.
- Choung MG, Lim JD (2012) Antioxidant, anticancer and immune activation of anthocyanin fraction from Rubus coreanus Miquel fruits (bokbunja). Korean J Medicinal Crop Sci 20(4):259-269. https://doi.org/10.7783/KJMCS.2012.20.4.259
- Hong SM, Kang MJ, Lee JH, Jeong JH, Kwon SH, Seo KI (2012) Production of vinegar using Rubus coreanus and its antioxidant activities. Korean J Food Preserv 19(4):594-603. https://doi.org/10.11002/kjfp.2012.19.4.594
- Jeong CH, Choi SG, Heo HJ (2008) Analysis of nutritional compositions and antioxidative activities of Korean commercial blueberry and raspberry. J Korea Soc Food Sci & Nutri 37(11):1357-1381. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2008.37.10.1357
- Jung SJ, Kim NY, Jang MS (2008). Formulation optimization of salad dressing added with Bokbunja (Rubus coreanum Miquel) juice. Korean Soc Food & Cookery Sci 37(4):497-504.
- Kim HY, Lim YI (2003). Studies on quality changes of ready-prepared conger eel products adding pinseng and pine mushroom during storage and sterization. Korean J Soc Food Cookery Sci 19(3):396-406.
- Kim KM, Cho EH, Lee YB (2010). The effect on sauce selection and preference of teriyaki sauce by material. Korean J Culinary Research 16(5):311-323.
- Kim KS (1984). Compararison of chemical compositions between cultured and wild fishes(1) Comparison between cultured and wild eel lipids. Bull Korean Fish Soc 17(6):505-515.
- Kim KO, Kim SM, Kim SM, Kim DY, JO DJ, Yeo SH, Jeong YJ, Kwon JH (2013). Physicochemical properties of commercial fruit vinergars with different fermentation methods. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 42(5):736-742. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2013.42.5.736
- Kim MK, Kim MJ, Kim SY, Jung DS, Jung YJ, Kim SD (1994). Quality of persimmon vinegar fermented by complex fermentation method. J East Asian Dietary Life 4(2):39-44.
- Kim MS, Pang GC, Lee MW (1997). Flavonoids from the leaves of Rubus coreanum. J Pharm Soc Korea 41(1):1-6.
- Kwon KH, Cha WS, Kim DC, Shin HJ (2006). A research and application of active ingredients in Bokbunja (Rubus coreanus Miquel). Korean J Biotechonol Bioeng 21(6):405-409.
- Lee SH, Kim JC (2009). A comparative analysis for main components change during natural fermentation of persimmon vinegar. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 38(3):372-376. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2009.38.3.372
- Lee SM, You YH, Kim KM, Park JJ, Jeong CS, Jhon DY, Jun WJ (2012). Antioxidant activities of native Gwangyang Rubus coreanus Miq. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 41(3):327-332. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2012.41.3.327
- Moon SY, Chung HC, Yoon HN (1997) Comparative analysis of commercial vinegars in physicochemical properties, minor components and organoleptic tastes. Korea J Sci Technol 29(4):663-670.
- Oh HS, Park WB (2003). Studies on the making teriyaki sauce using Korean soy sauce. Korean J Culinary Research 9(3):102-113.
- Park HN, Kang OK, MoonWS (2006). Ingredient preservation in the practical manufacture of teriyaki sauce. Korean J Food Cookery Sci 22(2):111-121.
- Park ML, Byun GI, Choi SK (2007). Quality characteristics of pine mushroom teriyaki pickle prepared by teriyaki seasoning. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 17(1):72-80.
- Park SY, Chae KS, Son RH, Jung JH, Im YR, Kwon JW (2012). Quality characteristics and antioxidant activity of bokbunja(black raspberry) vinerars. Food Engineering Pregress 16(4):340-346.
- Park WB (2001). Studies on the Flavor of Chicken Teriyaki Sauce with Different Soy Sauce. MS Thesis, Kyunghee University 12-13, Seoul.
- Park YS, Chang HG (2003). Lactic acid fermentation and biological activities of Rubus coreanus. J Korean Soc Agric Chem Biotechnol 46(4):367-375.
Shine J, Taldone T, Barletta M, Kunaparaju N, Hu B, Kumar S, Placido J, William ZS (2008).
$\alpha$-Glucosidase inhibitory activity of Syzygjum cumini(Linn) Skeels seed kernel in vitro and in Goto-Kakizaki (GK) rats. Carbohydrate Res 343(7)1278-1281. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carres.2008.03.003
- Song CR (2009). The quality characteristics of teriyaki sauces according to the boiling time. Korean J Culinary Research 15(3):236-247.
- Song CR, Choi SK (2009). The quality characteristics of teriyaki sauce according to the main ingredient. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 19(1):25-31.
- Sung KH, KO SH (2010). A study development of eel Teriyaki sauce with added pomegranate concentrate. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 20(3):439-444.
- Sung KH, Lee JH (2009). A study on quality characteristics of teriyaki sauce with added Rubus coreanum Miquel. J East Asian Soc Dietary Life 19(6):958-96.
- Yin XF, Choi SK, Namkung Y (2011). Quality characteristics of soy reducing sauce made with apple concentrate. J East Asian Soc dietary Life 21(6):823-829.
- Yoon I, Wee JH, Moon JH, Ahn TH, Park KH (2003). Isolation and identification of quercetin with antioxidative activity from the fruits of Rubus coreanum Miquel. Korean J Food Sci Technol 35(3):499-502.