- Volume 53 Issue 2
In this paper, we consider the entropy-based goodness of fit test (Vasicek's test) for a composite hypothesis. The test measures the discrepancy between the nonparametric entropy estimate and the parametric entropy estimate obtained from an assumed parametric family of distributions. It is shown that the proposed test is asymptotically normal under regularity conditions, but is affected by parameter estimates. As a remedy, a bootstrap version of Vasicek's test is proposed. Simulation results are provided for illustration.
goodness of fit test;entropy test;Vasicek's test;composite hypothesis test;bootstrap test
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea(NRF)
- J. Bai, Testing parametric conditional distributions of dynamic models, Rev. Econ. Stat. 85 (2003), 531-549. https://doi.org/10.1162/003465303322369704
- J. Beirlant, E. J. Dudewica, L. Gyorfi, and E. C. van der Meulin, Nonparametric entropy:an overview, Inter. Int. J. Math. Stat. Sci. 6 (1997), no. 1, 17-39.
- R. B. D'Agostino and M. A. Stephens, Goodness-of-Fit Techniques, Marcel Dekker, New York, 1986.
- J. Durbin, Weak convergence of the sample distribution function when parameters are estimated, Ann. Statist. 1 (1973), 279-290. https://doi.org/10.1214/aos/1176342365
- S. A. Khashimov, Asymptotic properties of functions of spacings, Theory Probab. Appl. 34 (1989), no. 2, 298-306.
- E. A. Khmaladze, Martingale approach in the theory of goodness-of-fit tests, Teor. Veroyatnost. i Primenen. 26 (1981), no. 2, 246-265.
- S. Lee, A maximum entropy type test of fit: composite hypothesis case, Comput. Statist. Data Anal. 57 (2013), 59-67. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.csda.2012.06.006
- K. S. Song, Limit theorems for nonparametric sample entropy estimators, Statist. Probab. Lett. 49 (2000), no. 1, 9-18. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-7152(00)00025-0
- W. Stute, W. Manteiga, and M. Quindimil, Bootstrap based goodness-of-fit tests, Metrika 40 (1993), no. 3-4, 243-256. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02613687
- B. van Es, Estimating functionals related to a density by a class of statistics based on spacings, Scand. J. Statist. 19 (1992), no. 1, 61-72.
- O. Vasicek, A test for normality based on sample entropy, J. Roy. Statist. Soc. Ser. B 38 (1976), no. 1, 54-59.
- On entropy goodness-of-fit test based on integrated distribution function vol.88, pp.12, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1080/00949655.2018.1467911