- Volume 53 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
ON DIFFERENCE QUOTIENTS OF CHEBYSHEV POLYNOMIALS
- Kim, Seon-Hong (Department of Mathematics Sookmyung Women's University) ;
- Lee, Jung Hee (Department of Mathematics Sookmyung Women's University)
- Received : 2014.07.03
- Published : 2016.03.31
In this paper, we investigate analytic and algebraic properties, and derive some identities satisfied by difference quotients of Chebyshev polynomials of the first kind.
difference quotients;Chebyshev polynomials
Supported by : Sookmyung Women's University
- S. Barnett, A note on the Bezoutian matrix, SIAM J. Appl. Math. 22 (1972), 84-86 https://doi.org/10.1137/0122009
- J. W. S. Cassels, Factorization of polynomials in several variables, in Proc. 15th Scandinavian Congress Oslo, 1968, 1-17, Springer Lecture Notes in Mathematics, 118, 1970.
- A. J. Engler and S. K. Khanduja, On irreducible factors of the polynomial f(x) - g(x), Internat. J. Math. 21 (2010), no. 4, 407-418. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0129167X10006082
- I. M. Gel'fand, M. M. Kapranov, and A. V. Zelevinsky, Discriminants, Resultants, and Multidimensional Determinants, Birkhauser, Boston, 1994.
- P. Lancaster and M. Tismenetsky, The Theory of Matrices with Applications, 2nd ed., Academic Press, New York, 1985.
- J. C. Mason and D. C. Handscomb, Chebyshev Polynomials, Chapman and Hall/CRC, Boca Raton, 2003.
- M. O. Rayes, V. Trevisan, and P. S. Wang, Factorization of Chebyshev Polynomials, Tech. Rep. ICM-199802-0001, Kent State University, 1998.
- T. J. Rivlin, Chebyshev Polynomials, From approximation theory to algebra and number theory. Pure and Applied Mathematics (New York). John Wiley and Sons, 1990.
- Z. H. Yang and B. F. Cui, On the Bezoutian matrix for Chebyshev polynomials, Appl. Math. Comput. 219 (2012), no. 3, 1183-1192.