- Volume 20 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Prediction Model of Timely Processing on Medical Service using Classification and Regression Tree
분류회귀나무를 이용한 의료서비스 적기처리 예측모형
- Lee, Jong-Chan (Dept. of Industrial and Information Systems, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Jeong, Seung-Woo (The Catholic University of Korea. Uijeongbu St.Mary Hospital) ;
- Lee, Won-Young (Dept. of Industrial and Information Systems, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2015.12.10
- Accepted : 2016.01.27
- Published : 2016.03.31
Turnaround time (called, TAT) for imaging test, which is necessary for making a medical diagnosis, is directly related to the patient's waiting time and it is one of the important performance criteria for medical services. In this paper, we measured the TAT from major imaging tests to see it met the reference point set by the medical institutions. Prediction results from the algorithm of classification regression tree (called, CART) showed "clinics", "diagnosis", "modality", "test month" were identified as main factors for timely processing. This study had a contribution in providing means of prevention of the delay on medical services in advance.
Supported by : Seoul National University of Science and Technology
- Korea Institute for Healthcare Accreditation (KOIHA) (https://www.koiha.or.kr/home/index.act), "Accreditation Standards", Jun. 2015.
- J. P. Crabbe., C. L. Frank., and W. W. Nye., "Improving Report Turnaround Time: An Integrated Method Using Data from a Radiology Information System", American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR), Vol. 163, No. 6, pp. 1503-1507, Jul. 1994. https://doi.org/10.2214/ajr.163.6.7992756
- Giles W. L. Boland., Elkan F. Halpern., and G. Scott Gazelle., "Radiologist Report Turnaround Time: Impact of Pay-for-Performance Measures", American Journal of Roentgenology (AJR), Vol. 195, No. 3, pp. 707-711, Sep. 2010. https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.09.4164
- Joan H. Howanitz., and Peter J. Howanitz., "Timeliness as a Quality Attribute and Strategy", American Journal of Clinical Pathologist (AJCP), Vol. 116, No. 3, pp. 311-315, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1309/H0DY-6VTW-NB36-U3L6
- Young M. Chae, Hye S. Kim, Kwan C. Tark, Hyun J. Park and Seoung H. Ho, "Analysisof healthcare quality indicator using data mining and decision support system", Expert System with Applications, Vol. 24, No. 2, pp. 167-172, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0957-4174(02)00139-2
- Yun Seok Ko, "The Construction Methodology of a Rule-based Expert System using CART-based Decision Tree Method", Journal of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Science, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 849-854, Dec. 2011.
- Jun Tae Park and Soo Beom Lee, "Effects Analysis of Traffic Safety Improvement Program Using Data Mining : Focusing on Urban Area", Journal of Transport Research, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 77-91, Jun. 2011.
- Sonia Singh, "COMPARATIVE STUDY ID3, CART AND C4.5 DECISION TREE ALGORITHM: A SURVEY", International Journal of Advanced Information Science and Technology (IJAIST), Vol. 27, No. 27, pp. 97-103, Jul. 2014.
- Ture, Mevlut, Fusun Tokatli, and Imran Kurt. "Using Kaplan-Meier analysis together with decision tree methods (C&RT, CHAID, QUEST, C4. 5 and ID3) in determining recurrence-free survival of breast cancer patients." Expert Systems with Applications Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 2017-2026, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.eswa.2007.12.002
- Tzung-I Tang, Gang Zheng, Yalou Hualng, Guangfu Shu and Pengtao Wang, "A comparative study of medical data classification methods based on decision tree and system reconstruction analysis." Industrial Engineering and Management Systems, Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 102-108, 2005.
- Antipov, Evgeny, and Elena Pokryshevskaya. "Applying CHAID for logistic regression diagnostics and classification accuracy improvement." Journal of Targeting, Measurement and Analysis for Marketing, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 109-117, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1057/jt.2010.3