- Volume 28 Issue 3
A boiling heat transfer is used in various industry such as power generation systems, heat exchangers, air-conditioning and refrigerations. In the boiling heat transfer system, the critical heat flux (CHF) is the important factor, and it indicated safety of the system. It has kept up studies on the CHF enhancement. Recently, it is reported the CHF enhancement, when working fluid used the nanofluid with high thermal properties. But it could be occurred nanoflouling phenomenon from nanoparticle deposition, when nanofluid applied the heat transfer system. And, it is reported that the safety and thermal efficiency of heat transfer system could decrease. Therefore, it is compared and analyzed to the CHF and the boiling heat transfer coefficient on effect of artificial nanofouling (coating) in oxidized multi-wall carbon nanotube nanofluids. As the result, the CHF of oxidized multi-wall carbon nanofluids and the CHF of artificial nanofouling in the nanofluids increased to maximum 99.2%, 120.88%, respectively. A boiling heat transfer coefficient in nanofluid increased to maximum 24.29% higher than purewater, but artificial nanofouling decreased to maximum -7.96%.
탄소나노튜브;나노유체;유동 비등 열전달;임계 열유속;열전달 계수
- Das, S. K., Choi, S. U., Yu, W., and Pradeep, T., 2008, Nanofluids:science and technology, John Wiley and Sons.
- Barber, J., Brutin, D., and Tadrist, L., 2011, A review on boiling heat transfer enhancement with nanofluids, Nanoscale Research Letters, Vol. 6, p. 280. https://doi.org/10.1186/1556-276X-6-280
- Lee, J. and Mudawar I., 2007, Assessment of the effectiveness of nanofluids for single-phase and twophase heat transfer in micro-channels, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 50, No. 3/4, pp. 452-463. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2006.08.001
- Peng, H., Ding, G., Jiang, W., Hu, H., and Gao, Y., 2009, Heat transfer characteristics of refrigerant-based nanofluid flow boiling inside a horizontal smooth tube, International Journal of Refrigeration, Vol. 32, No. 6, pp. 1259-1270. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijrefrig.2009.01.025
- Kim, S. J., McKrell, T., Buongiorno, J., and Hu, L. W., 2010, Subcooled flow boiling heat transfer of dilute alumina, zinc oxide, and diamond nanofluids at atmospheric pressure, Nuclear Engineering and Design, Vol. 240, No. 5, pp. 1186-1194. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nucengdes.2010.01.020
- Ahn, H. S., Kim, H. D., Jo, H. J., Kang, S. H., and Chang, W. P., Kim, M. H., 2010, Experimental study of critical heat flux enhancement during forced convective flow boiling of nanofluid on a short heated surface, International Journal of Multiphase Flow, Vol. 36, No. 5, pp. 375-384. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmultiphaseflow.2010.01.004
- Park, S. S., Kim, Y. H., Jeon, Y. H., Hyun, M. T., and Kim, N. J., 2015, Effects of spray-deposited oxidized multi-wall carbon nanotubes and graphene on pool-boiling critical heat flux enhancement, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, Vol. 24, pp. 276-283. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jiec.2014.09.041
- Park, S. S., Kim, W. J., Kim, J. Y., Jeon, Y. H., and Kim, N. J., 2015, A study on the influence of boiling heat transfer of nanofluid with particle length and mixing ratio of carbon nanotube, Korean Journal of Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 1, pp. 1-7. https://doi.org/10.6110/KJACR.2015.27.1.001
- Kline S. J. and McClintock F. A., 1953, Describing uncertainties in single-sample experiment, Mechanical Engineer, Vol. 75, pp. 3-8.
- Zuber, N., 1958, On stability of boiling heat transfer, ASME transactions, Vol. 80, pp. 711-714.
- Katto, Y. and Kurata, C., 1980, Critical heat flux of saturated convective boiling on uniformly heated plates in a parallel flow, International Journal of Multiplhase Flow, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 575-582. https://doi.org/10.1016/0301-9322(80)90052-X
- Henderson, K., Park, Y, G., Liu, L., and Jacobi, A. M., 2009, Flow-boiling heat transfer of R-134a-based nanofluids in a horizontal tube, International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 53, No. 5/6, pp. 944-951.
- Sarafraz, M. M., Hormozi, F., and Peyghambarzadeh, S. M., 2015, Role of nanofluid fouling on thermal performance of a thermosyphon:Are nanofluids reliable working fluid?, Applied Thermal Engineering, Vol. 82, pp. 214-224.
- Park, S. S., Kim, Y. H., Jeon, Y. H., Hyun., M. T., and Kim, N. J., 2014, Effects of spray-deposited oxidized multi-wall carbon nanotubes and graphene on pool-boiling critical heat flux enhancement, Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 제주대학교