- Volume 16 Issue 1
이번 연구는 고등학생들의 스트레스가 구강건강실천에 미치는 영향을 파악하고 스트레스와 구강건강실천과의 관련성을 분석하고자 하였다. 2014년 5월부터 6월까지 충청남도에 위치한 4개의 고등학교 학생을 대상으로 자기기입식으로 설문조사하였고, PASW Statistics ver. 18.0 for Windows을 이용하여 최종 939부를 분석하였다. 일반적 특성에 따른 스트레스를 비교한 결과 여학생이 남학생보다 학업, 외모, 물질에 대한 스트레스가 높았고, 1학년이 가족과 학업에 대한 스트레스가 높았다. 지난 학기 학업성적이 '상'인 그룹이 가족과 물질에 대한 스트레스가 가장 낮았고 경제수준이 좋을수록 외모와 물질에 대한 스트레스가 낮았다. 일반적 특성에 따른 구강건강실천도를 비교한 결과 1학년과 지난 학기 학업성적인 '상'인 그룹에서 가장 높았고 경제수준이 좋고, 일주일 평균용돈이 많을수록 구강건강실천도가 높은 것으로 나타났다. 구강건강실천에 영향을 주는 요인으로는 교우관계에 대한 스트레스는 정(+)의 관계, 물질에 대한 스트레스는 부(-)의 관계로 나타나 구강건강실천도에 유의한 변수로 선정되었다. 반면 가족, 학업, 외모에 대한 스트레스는 구강건강실천과 상관관계가 없는 것으로 나타났다. 이상의 결과를 토대로 스트레스를 완화시킬 수 있는 방법을 포함한 구강건강관리를 위한 프로그램의 개발 및 교육이 강화되어야 할 것이며 학교 내에서 학생들의 건강관리를 담당하는 인력에 대한 교육과 매뉴얼 개발이 필요할 것이다.
High school student;Stress;Oral health
- Bae JY: Test stress and coping style of high school students. J Korean Parent-Child Health 10: 158-171, 2007.
- Choi HR: Stress of Korean university students and cognitivebehavioral counseling. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Woman University, Seoul, 1985.
- Statistics Korea: Retrieved July 13, 2015, from http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/kor_nw/2/1/index.board?bmode=read&aSeq=255358(2015, June 26).
- Lee MN, Lee HY: Analysis of dietary habits of boarding high school students in Gangwon according to gender and stress levels. J Korean Soc Food Cult 28: 48-56, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7318/KJFC/2013.28.1.048
- Hong YS: The effects of life stress and self-esteem for adolescent suicidal behaviors. Stud Korean Youth 15: 153-182, 2004.
- Seo JY, Kim MH: Stress, physical symptoms, and coping styles of high school students. J Korean Acad Child Health 12: 470-477, 2006.
- Yang SY: A study on the relationship between suicidal ideation and stress of adolescents. Unpublished master's thesis, Hannam University, Daejeon, 2004.
- Cho SM: A demonstrative study on high school students' stress factors and the countermeasures. Unpublished master's thesis, Suwon University, Suwon, 2001.
- Oh HS: The study on relationship between school stress and stress coping behavior & mental, physical health about students of high school. Unpublished master's thesis, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon, 2008.
- Kim SR: The associated factors of perceived oral health status and entrance exam stress levels in high school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Gachon University, Seongnam, 2015.
- Baker S, Mat A, Robinson P: What psychosocial factors influence adolescents oral health? J Dent Res 89: 1230-1235, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1177/0022034510376650
- Shin BM: Association between stress, oral health behavior and oral health status among 6th grade primary school students in Gangneung city. J Korean Acad Dent Health 34: 403-410, 2010.
- Petra H, Franz P: Perceived stress, coping and adjustment in adolescents. J Adolescent Health 38: 409-415, 2005.
- Lee MY, Chol EM, Chung WG, Son JH, Chang SJ: The effects of perceived stress on dietary habits and oral health behaviors in Korean adolescents. J Dent Hyg Sci 13: 440-448, 2013.
- Kim SR, Han SJ: The relationship between perceived oral health status and entrance exam stress levels in high school students. J Dent Hyg Sci 15: 509-517, 2015. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.4.509
- Jung YY: A study of the relation of stress to oral healthrelated of life in male high school students of Chungnam. J Dent Hyg Sci 14: 158-166, 2014.
- Jung YY, Hong JT: A study of the relation of stress to oral parafunctional habits of male high school students: J Dent Hyg Sci 13: 471-479, 2013.
- Lee YS: The effect of oral health knowledge and oral health practice on the DMFT and the oral health related quality of life. Unpublished master's thesis, Inje University, Incheon, 2010.
- Kim JH, Lee DW: A study on strain and juvenile delinquency. J Korean Criminol Rev 7: 13-165, 1996.
- Deinzer R, Hilpert D, Bach K, Schawacht M, Herforth A: A effects of academic stress on oral hygiene-a potential link between stress and plaque-associated disease. J Clin Periodontol 28: 459-464, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1034/j.1600-051x.2001.028005459.x
- Son YM: A study of the relationship between youths' stress, coping and self-esteem: An investigation of middle school students in Incheon. Unpublished master's thesis, Incheon University, Incheon, 2002.
- Ham JY: The relationships of stress, alexithymia and somatization of adolescents-focused on the highschool student. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul Women's University, Seoul, 2001.
- Kim NY: A study on relationships among stress, social support, and life satisfaction of University students. Unpublished master's thesis, Konkuk University, Seoul, 2011.
- Lee KY, Choi SC, Kong JS: The effects of parents-children dysfunctional communication and academic stress on adolescents' suicide ideation-focusing on the mediating effects of depression and gender differences. J Korea Youth Res Assoc 18: 83-107, 2011.
- Kang MJ: Relationship between the perceived oral health concerns and the oral health behaviors among some high school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Woman's University, Seoul, 2013.
- Joo JU: Knowledge and attitude on oral health among high school students. J Korean Soc Sch Health Educ 13: 101-112, 2012.
- Shim YS, Hong MH, Jeong MA: A oral health care and oral care habits in high school students. J Acad-Industr Technol 11: 4338-4345, 2010.
- Newton JT, Elizabeth J, Bower EJ: The social determinants of oral health: New approachers to conceptualizing and researching complex causal networks. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 33: 25-34, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.2004.00190.x
- Shin SJ, Ahn YS, Jung SH: Public health dentistry: The relation between dental health behaviors and socioeconomic status among Korean adolescents. J Korean Acad Dent Health 32: 223-230, 2008.
- Jang JH, Lee SJ: The relationship between knowledge, attitude of periodontal diseases and dental health behavior in adolescents. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 12: 817-825, 2012. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.4.817
- Han GH, Jang HW, Ahn KS: The role of adolescents self-esteem in stress experiences, coping against them, and problem behaviors. Korea Youth Res Assoc 11: 385-402, 2004.
- Hong YJ: The effects of communication between father and children perceived by adolescents and stress-coping methods on the school adaptation. Unpublished master's thesis, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, Seoul, 2013.
- Jin BH, Kim YS: Utilization of oral health educational materials at health centers in Korea. J Korean Acad Dent Health 26: 397-404, 2002.