- Volume 21 Issue 1
In various industries related with construction and military machinery, a large amount of power is normally required because such machinery operations, such as digging or breaking, take place under difficult working conditions in a rough environment. Thus, a hydraulic system needs to be applied as the major power transfer system. To produce and supply hydraulic power depending on the various load conditions, a hydraulic piston pump is utilized as a typical power source for a hydraulic system. In the present study, numerical simulations were conducted using the commercial program, Ansys CFX 14.5. To lubricate the moving parts as the pump starts to operate, a small amount of oil leaks out through the clearance between the orifice in the piston-shoe and the recess at the swash-plate. Taking this into consideration, a cylindrically shaped computational domain was modeled to maintain the same equivalent leakage area. To validate the numerical method applied herein, the numerical results of the flow rate at the discharge port were compared with the experimental data, and a good agreement between them was shown. Using the verified method, the effects of the discharge pressure and the angle of the swash-plate were also evaluated under several load conditions. The results of the present study can be useful information for a hydraulic piston pump used in many different manufacturing industries.
- 2014, Guan, C., Jiao, Z. and He, S., "Theoretical Study of Flow Ripple for an Aviation Axial-Piston Pump with Damping Holes in the Valve Plate," Chinese Journal of Aeronautics, Vol.27, No.1 pp.169-181. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cja.2013.07.044
- 2012, Kim, S., "Measurement of Effective Bulk Modulus and Its Use in CFD Simulation," Shaker.
- 2010, Jeong, J.-H., Kim, J.-K. and Suh, Y.K., "Numerical Study on Hydraulic Fluid Flows Within Axial Piston Pumps," Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers B, Vol.34, No.2, pp.129-136.
- 2008, Park, T.-J. and Yoo, J.-C., "Flow Analysis in a Slipper Bearing for Swash Plate Type Axial Piston Pump," Journal of the KSTLE, Vol.24, No.6, pp.343-348.
- 2011, Kim, H.E., "Electronic Control Type Hydraulic Pump Development".
- 2013, ANSYS CFX, Release 15.0 User Manual, ANSYS Inc.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : 민군기술협력센터