- Volume 27 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Code of Medical Ethics for the Korean Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: Why Is It Important?
대한소아청소년정신의학회 의료윤리규정: 왜 필요한가?
- Koo, Young-Jin ;
- Hwang, Jun-Won ;
- Lee, Moon-Soo ;
- Yang, Young-Hui ;
- Bang, Soo-Young ;
- Kang, Je-Wook ;
- Lee, Dae-Hwan ;
- Lee, Ju-Hyun ;
- Kwack, Young-Sook ;
- Kim, Seungtai Peter ;
- Noh, Kyung Sun ;
- Park, Sung-Sook ;
- Bahn, Geon Ho ;
- Song, Dong-Ho ;
- Ahn, Dong Hyun ;
- Lee, Young Sik ;
- Lee, Jeong-Seop ;
- Cho, Soo-Churl ;
- Hong, Kang-E Michael
- 구영진 ;
- 황준원 ;
- 이문수 ;
- 양영희 ;
- 방수영 ;
- 강제욱 ;
- 이대환 ;
- 이주현 ;
- 곽영숙 ;
- 김승태 ;
- 노경선 ;
- 박성숙 ;
- 반건호 ;
- 송동호 ;
- 안동현 ;
- 이영식 ;
- 이정섭 ;
- 조수철 ;
- Received : 2015.12.10
- Accepted : 2016.03.07
- Published : 2016.03.31
This article provides an overview of the developmental history and rationale of medical ethics to establish the code of ethics and professional conduct of the Korean Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry (KACAP). Most medical professional organizations have their own codes of ethics and conduct because they have continuous responsibility to regulate professional activities and conducts for their members. The Ethics and Award Committee of the KACAP appointed a Task-Force to establish the code of ethics and conduct in 2012. Because bioethics has become global, the Ethics Task Force examined global standards. Global standards in medical ethics and professional conduct adopted by the World Medical Association and the World Psychiatric Association have provided the basic framework for our KACAP's code of ethics and professional conduct. The Code of Ethics of the Americal Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry has provided us additional specific clarifications required for child and adolescent patients. The code of ethics and professional conduct of the KACAP will be helpful to us in ethical clinical practice and will ensure our competence in recognizing ethical violations.
KACAP;Code of Medical Ethics;Global Standards
- Han JJ, Park JY, Kim MK, Han HJ, Ahn DS. Country report (Korea) on the global role of the doctor in health care. Seoul: Risearch Institute for Healthcare Policy, Korean Medical Association;2012.
- Choi IC, Hong JW. Ethical dilemma in conducting business: cases and solutions. Seoul: Korea Chamber of Commerce and Industry; 2007.
- Korean Society for Medical Ethics Education. Medical Ethics. 2nd ed. Seoul: Gyechuk Munwhasa;2003.
- Choi, B. Modern-day medical professionalism: historical background, evolution of the concepts, and a critique on the statements. J Korean Med Assoc 2011;54:1124-1136. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.11.1124
- Song W, Lee EK, Song S, Kim B. A study on the science, technology and society: major issues. Sejong: Science & Technology Policy Institute;2003.
- KB Financial Group Institute of Finance. World economy and global financial crisis. Available from URL: https://www.kbfg.com/kbresearch/index.do?alias=periodical&viewFunc=periodical_details&categoryId=2&subCtgId=&menuId=&boardId=&rBoardId=205&articleId=1001258&sTxt=하반기경제&sType=all&pageNo=1. Seoul: KB Finalcial Group;2012.
- eManagement Co. Ethics Handbook: Business can's survive without ethics. Available from URL: http://www.emanagement.co.kr/ management/education.asp. Seoul: eManagement Co.;2005.
- Korea Independent Commission against Corruption. A model of business ethics. Sejong: Korea Independent Commission against Corruption;2007.
- Ahn DS, Lee MJ, Hur YJ, Jang HJ, Hong SS. The global role of the doctor in health care: final report of Korea. Seoul: KMA Research Institute for Health Care;2014.
- World Medical Association. Declaration of Helsinki: ethical principles for medical research involving human subject. Ferney-Voltaire: World Medical Association;2013.
- Reem JS. Biomedical ethics and ethical theory. Korean J Med Ethics Educ 1998;1:1-20.
- World Psychiatric Association. The WMA declaration of madrid on professionally-led regulation. Geneva: World Psychiatric Association; 2009.
- Koo YM. The key contents of the KMA's code of medical ethics and proposals for its implementation. Korean J Med Ethics 2003;6:119-142.
- Committee of International Affairs, Korean Medical Association. International affairs of the Korean Medical Association: achievements and future challenges. J Korean Med Assoc 2012;55:1121-1127. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2012.55.11.1121
- World Psychiatric Association. Madrid declaration on ethical standards for psychiatric practice. Geneva: World Psychiatric Association; 2011.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. Code of Ethics. Washington, DC: American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry;2009.
- Lee SH. Situation ethics: discourse on the real world engineering and science. Seoul: Cheolhakgwa Hyeonsilsa;2007.
- Yoon KJ, Choi JH, Cho BH. Consumer rights in healthcare service. Sejong: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs;2013.
- Kim DK, Kwon Ivo. Autonomy in the medical profession and the practice in ensuring respect for their professional autonomy. Korean J Med Ethics 2013;16:159-173.
- Ahn D. Development of medical professionalism in South Korea. J Korean Med Assoc 2011;54:1137-1145. https://doi.org/10.5124/jkma.2011.54.11.1137
- Park JH. Ethical issues in medical enhancement. Korean J Med Ethics 2009;12:351-360.