- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Changes of Visual Acuity and Visual Function in the Elderly Generation and their Subjective Satisfaction by the Use of Tinted Ophthalmic Lenses
착색안경렌즈의 사용에 따른 노년층의 시력 및 시기능 변화와 자각적 만족도
Ryu, Deok-Hyeon;Park, Mijung;Kim, So Ra
- Received : 2016.02.13
- Accepted : 2016.03.22
- Published : 2016.03.31
Purpose: The study was aimed to suggest the most effective color of the tinted lenses by evaluating the effect of the prescription with tinted lenses on the visual quality of the elderly at the age of the sixty or more. Methods: The visual acuity of fifty subjects at the age of sixty or more (17 males, 33 females with the averaged age of
Tinted ophthalmic lenses;Minimum legibility;Minimum Separability;LogMAR;Stereopsis;Contrast sensitivity;Visual perception;Subjective Satisfaction
- Jeong HS, Song YM, Lee KS. Aging and health care expenditure. Korean J Health Econ Policy. 2007;13(1):95- 116.
- Chun YS, Lee HI, Dausch D, Kim JC. Long-term results of presbyopic corneal surface ablation with eximer laser. J Korean Ophthalmol Soc. 2008;49(7):1061-1070. https://doi.org/10.3341/jkos.2008.49.7.1061
- Joo SH, Shim MS, Shim JB. The study on change of refractive error and addition in progressive eyeglasses lens wearers. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2013;18(4): 399-404. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2013.18.4.399
- Kim JK, Kim TH, Sung AY. Study on the presbyopia addition and the wear tendency of progressive addition lens. Korean J Vis Sci. 2007;9(4):441-449.
- Lee SJ, Chang SN. The prevalence of ophthalomlogic diseases and their symptoms for rural elderly. J Korean Gerontological Soc. 1999;19(3):155-165.
- Lee HJ, Jung MA, Doo HY. The clinical analysis of refractive errors in elderly population. Korean J Vis Sci. 2004;6(1):103-111.
- Leguire LE, Suh S. Effect of light filters on contrast sensitivity function in normal and retinal degeneration subjects. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 1993;13(2):124-128. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1475-1313.1993.tb00440.x
- Rosenblum YZ, Zak PP, Ostrovsky MA, Smolyaninova IL, Bora EV, Dyadina UV, Trofimova NN, Aliyev AG. Spectral filters in low-vision correction. Ophthalmic Physiol Opt. 2000;20(4):335-341. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0275-5408(00)00006-5
- Yoon MH, Ryu GC. A change of stereopsis in accordance with the concentration and colors of tinted spectacle lenses. Korean J Vis Sci. 2013;15(3):263-272.
- Kang HS. Glasses materials. 6th Ed. Seoul: Shinkwang, 2012;402-406.
- Heo JW, Yoon HS, Shin JP, Moon SW, Chin HS, Kwak HW. A validation and reliability study of the Korean version of national eye institute visual function questionnaire 25. J Korean Ophthalmol Soc. 2010;51(10):1354-1367. https://doi.org/10.3341/jkos.2010.51.10.1354
- Colorimetry CIE. Publication CIE No. 15.2, 2nd Ed. Vienna: Central Bureau of the Commission Internationale de L'Eclairage, 1986.
- Song CE. Kim MD. A study on the design guide of fee charging residential facility for the elderly reflected in color perception characteristic. J Korean Soc Design Sci. 2007;20(3):247-256.
- Lee SH, Cho HG, Moon BY, Kim SY, Yi MH, Mah KC. Changes of visual acuity according to light transmission of tinted lenses. Korean J Vis Sci. 2008;10(4):289-299.
- Lim SH, Cho MS, Kim JS. Evaluation of clinical usability and effects of photochromic lenses. J Korean Ophthalmol Soc. 2005;46(9):1563-1568.
- Kim HS. The changes of visual acuity according to tinting concentrations of sunglasses lenses. Korean J Vis Sci. 2015;17(3):259-265.
- Choi HS, Park SJ, Lee SJ, Jin MS, Jun J, Ryu GC. The change of the phoria in accordance with the color and concentration of the color lens. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2011;16(3):339-343.
- Sim HS, Kim SH, Kim YC. Correlation of near stereoacuity and phoria, and refractive error. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2015;20(1):67-73. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2015.20.1.67
- Choi HS. The influence of the color and the color density of lens on the accommodative amplitude and accommodative facility. Korean J Vis Sci. 2012;14(1):47-54.
- Lee SH, Lee YJ, Cho HG. Changes of contrast sensitivity according to light transmittance of color lenses. J Korean Acad Industr Coop Soc. 2009;10(11):3427-3433. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.11.3427
- Lee SH. Changes of visual acuity according to light transmission of tinted lenses. Master Thesis. EulJi University, Sungnam. 2008;119-126.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교