- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Blue-light Induces the Selective Cell Death of Photoreceptors in Mouse Retina
청색광에 의한 마우스 망막손상에서 선택적 광수용세포의 사멸
- Kang, Seo-young (Dept. of Medical Science, Konyang University) ;
- Hong, Ji Eun (Dept. of Optometry, Konyang University) ;
- Choi, Eun jung (Dept. of Medical Science, Konyang University) ;
- Lyu, Jungmook (Dept. of Medical Science, Konyang University)
- Received : 2015.10.24
- Accepted : 2016.02.29
- Published : 2016.03.31
Purpose: The study was conducted to determine that photoreceptors of mouse having pigment in RPE(retinal pigment epithelium) can be damaged by blue-light and apoptosis of specific cells among photoreceptors are induced by blue-light, and to assist the investigation of AMD(Age-related macular degeneration) mechanisms and development of AMD drugs. Methods: C57Black mice were injured by irradiating
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- Nakanishiueda T, Majima HJ, Watanabe K, Indo HP, Suenaga S, Hisamitsu T. Blue LED light exposure develops intracellular reactive oxygen species, lipid peroxidation, and subsequent cellular injuries in cultured bovine retinal pigment epithelial cells. Free Radic Res. 2013;47(10):774-780. https://doi.org/10.3109/10715762.2013.829570
- Youssef PN, Sheibani N, Albert DM. Retinal light toxicity Eye. 2011;25(1):1-14.
- Kuse Y, Ogawa K, Tsuruma K, Shimazawa M, Hara H. Damage of photoreceptor-derived cells in culture induced by light emitting diode-derived blue light. Sci Rep. 2014; 4:5223.
- Sung CH, Chuang JZ. The cell biology of vision. J Cell Biol. 2010;190(6):953-963. https://doi.org/10.1083/jcb.201006020
- Kim CJ, Choi SW,Yang SJ, Oh SY, Choi EJ. Evaluation of blue-light blocking ratio and luminous transmittance of blue-light blocking lens based on international standard. J Korean Ophthalmic Opt Soc. 2014;19(2):135-143. https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2014.19.2.135
- Wu J, Seregard S, Spangberg B, Oskarsson M, Chen E. Blue light induced apoptosis in rat retina. Eye. 1999; 4(1):577-583.
- Hunt RWG. The Reproduction of Colour, 6th Ed. Chichester: Wiley. 2004;11-12.
- Wyszecki G, Stiles WS. Colour 2nd Ed. New York: Wiley. 1982;1-968.
- de Melo J, Miki K, Rattner A, Smallwood P, Zibetti C, Hirokawa K. Injury-independent induction of reactive gliosis in retina by loss of function of the LIM homeodomain transcription factor Lhx2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109(12):4657-4662. https://doi.org/10.1073/pnas.1107488109
- Reece JB, Urry LA, Cain ML, Wassserman SA, Minorsky PV, Jackson RB. Campbell biology, 9th Ed. San Francisco: Benjamin Cummings, 2011;223-227.
- Martnez-Fernndez de la Cmara C, Hernndez-Pinto AM, Olivares-Gonzlez L, Cuevas-Martn C, Snchez-AragM, Hervs D. Adalimumab reduces photoreceptor cell death in a mouse model of retinal degeneration. Sci Rep. 2015; 14(5):11764.
- The Effect of Blue-light Blocking Ophthalmic Lenses on Legibility and Fatigue during Near work with a Smartpad vol.22, pp.1, 2017, https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2017.22.1.81
- Effects of visual fatigue caused by smartphones on balance function in healthy adults vol.29, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1589/jpts.29.221
- A Study on Methods of Analysis and Evaluation of Blue Light Blocking Tinted Lens using Yellow-tinted Lenses vol.23, pp.1, 2018, https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2018.23.1.57