- Volume 7 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Performance Evaluation of Viscoelastic Dampers installed in the Steel Frame Structures Using the shaking table set
진동대 실험을 통한 강골조 구조물에 설치된 점탄성 감쇠기의 성능평가
- Received : 2016.02.17
- Accepted : 2016.03.10
- Published : 2016.03.31
It has been many efforts for reinforcement of existing structure since the number of earthquake has been increased world widely. Especially the occurrence of earthquake surrounding area of Korean peninsular is dramatically increased. Since the buildings in Korea have not been designed to carry the lateral and shear force caused by earthquake, the building will experience massive damages even under moderate earthquake. For this reason, the viscoelastic damper is proposed in this paper to enhance the earthquake resistance of a steel frame buildings. The viscoelastic dampers have been able to increase the overall damping of the structure significantly, hence improving the overall performance of dynamically sensitive structures. In this paper, Viscoelastic dampers designed are consists of FRP panel and viscoelastic material. In this paper, evaluate the performance of the viscoelastic damper through the experiment.
earthquake;viscoelastic damper;steel frame;FRP panel
- Aiken, I. D., Nims, D. K., Whittaker, A. S., and Kelly, J. M. (1993), "Testing of Passive Energy Dissipation Systems.", Earthquake spectra, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 355-370.
- Aref, A. J., and Jung, W. Y. (2003), "Energy-dissipating polymer matrix composite-infill wall system for seismic retrofitting." Journal of Structural Engineering, Vol. 129, No. 4, pp. 440-448. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(2003)129:4(440)
- Hong, S. I. (2003), Efficient Dynamic Analysis of Multistory Building Structures with Viscoelastic Dampers, Doctor Thesis, Department of Architecture, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul, Korea. (in korea).
- Hwang, S. K. (2012), A Study on Changes of Dynamic Characteristics of Structures at Various Acceleration Level Using a Shaking Table, Master Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea. (in Korea).
- Kim, J. K., and Kwon, Y. J. (2001), "Shaking Table Test of a Structure with Added Viscoealstic Dampers.", Korea Institute for Structural Maintenance and Inspection, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 197-204. (in Korea).
- Miyamoto, H., Gilani, A. S., Wada, A., and Ariyaratana, C. (2010), "Limit states and failure mechanisms of viscous dampers and the implications for large earthquakes." Earthquake engineering and structural dynamics, Vol. 39, No. 11, pp. 1279-1297. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.993
- Park, S. K. (2010), "Estimate of Aseismatic Performance of Laminated Rubber Bearing Through Shaking Table Tests.", The Korea Society for Railway, Vol. 13, No. 4, pp440-446. (in Korea).
- Samali, B., and Kwok, K. C. S. (1995), "Use of Viscoelastic Dampers in reducing wind-and earthquake-induced motion of building structures.", Engineering Structures, Vol.17 No.9, pp 639-654. https://doi.org/10.1016/0141-0296(95)00034-5
- Shin, M. G. (2009), A Study on the Effective Seismic Upgrade of Multi-span Continuous Bridges Using Viscous Fluid Dampers, Mater Thesis, Department of Civil Engineering, Yonsei Universty, Seoul, Korea. (in Korea).
- Son, H. Y., Seo, H. S., Kwon, M. H., Jung, W. Y., and Kim, S. H. (2015), "Evaluation of the Energy Dissipation Capacity of Viscoelastic Material." Conference on Korean Society of Civil Engineering, pp. 2-3. (in Korea).
- Uang, C. M., and Bertero, V. V. (1988), "Use of Energy as a Design Criterion in Earthquake-Resistant Design.", Earthquake Engineering Research Center, Report N0. UCB/EERC-88/18, University of California, Berkeley.
- Zhang, R. H., Soong, T. T., and Mahmoodi, P. (1989), "Siesmic Response of Steel Frame Structures with Addid Viscoelastic Damper.", Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 389-396. https://doi.org/10.1002/eqe.4290180307
Grant : 건설교통기술촉진연구사업
Supported by : 국토교통부/국토교통과학기술진흥원