- Volume 58 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparision Analysis of Model Test for Prediction of Uplift Resistance in the Reclaimed Land Greenhouse Foundation
간척지 온실기초 나무말뚝의 인발저항력 예측을 위한 실내모형시험 결과 비교·분석
Song, Chang Seob;Kim, Myeong Hwan;Jang, Ung Hee
- Received : 2016.01.08
- Accepted : 2016.03.07
- Published : 2016.03.31
The object of this paper was to evaulate modified proposed design equation in model test result in order to estimate uplift-resistance of timber pile of reclaimed land greenhouse foundation. Uplift resistance result of model test was increased to according to increased of contact area. Uplift-resistance result of field test tend to lineary increased to according to increased of embedment depth and contact area. Results of field uplift-resistance was evaluate compare with modified proposed design equation results of model test and Effective stress method. As the Effective stress method tend to underestimate, modified proposed design equation results of model test tend to similar type. As the contact area increase, difference between field uplift-resistance results and modified proposed design equation results of model test was considered uplift-speed.
Embedment depth;Uplift resistance;Greenhouse foundation;Contact area
- Burland, J. B. 1973. Shaft Friction on Piles in Clay - A Simple Fundamental Approach, Ground Engineering. 6(3): 30-42.
- Das, B. M. and G. R. Seeley, 1982. Uplift Capacity of Pipe Piles in Saturated Clay. Soils and Foundations, The Japanese Society and Foundation Division, ASCE 89 (SM3), 63-94.
- Felenius, B. H. 1991. Foundation Engineering Handbook, Editor H.S. Fang, Van Nostrand Reinhold Publisher, New York, 511-536.
- Kang, Y. S., Y. C. Yoon, C. S. Song, and S. Y. Lim, 2014. Uplift Resistance of Wooden Pile using Soil box According to Soil type. Journal of Agriculture & Life Science, 48(1): 173-182 (in Korean).
- Korea Forest Service, 2000. Forest&Forestry Technique, (4): 18-38 (in Korean).
Kulhawy, F. H., C. W. Jackson, and P. W. Mayne, 1989. First order estimation of
$K_0$in sands and clays, Foundation Engineering: Current Principles and Practices, ASCE, 1: 121-134.
- Meyerhof, G. G. 1976. Bearing Capacity and Settlement of Pile Foundations. ASCE, Journal of the Soil Mechanics and Foundations Division, 102(GT3): 195-228.
- O'Neill, M. W. and D. R. Richard, 1991. Load Transfer for Pipe Piles in Highly Pressured Dense Sand. ASCE, Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 117(8): 1208-1226. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1991)117:8(1208)
- Shin, E. C., J. I. Kim, and I. D. Kim, 2002. Effect of Slenderness Ratio and Pullout Rate on Uplift Adhesio Factor of Concrete Pile Driven in Clay. Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 8(4): 367-371 (in Korean).
- Timber Piling Council, 2002. Timber pile design and construction manual. Vancouver (WA): American Wood Preservers Institute, 31-54.
- Yoon, Y. C., C. S. Yoon, W. M. Suh, M. H. Kang, and K. Shino, 1998. A Study on the Uplift Capacity of Cylindrical Concrete Foundations for Pipe-Framed Greenhouse. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers, 40(4): 109-119 (in Korean).
- Yun, S. W., M. K. Choi, Y. L. Si, Y. Chan, and Y. C. Yoon, 2015. Uplift Capacity of Wood Pile for Greenhouse Foundation. Protected Horiculture and Plant Factory, 24(2): 123-127 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.12791/KSBEC.2015.24.2.123
Supported by : 충북대학교