- Volume 58 Issue 2
This study was performed to evaluate the effective analysis of flexural performance for polypropylene fiber (PF) reinforced EVA concrete that can be used in marine bridge, tunnel and agricultural structures under flexural load. The control design was applied in ready mixed concrete using 10 % fly ash of total binder weight used in batch plant. On the basis of the control mix design, there was designed mix types that contained PF ranged from 0 % to 0.5 % by volume ratio into two mix types of using 0 % and 5.0 % EVA contents of total binder weight. Before evaluating the flexural performance, we tested compressive strength and flexural strength to evaluate whether polypropylene fiber reinforced concrete could be used or not in site. The method of flexural performance evaluation was applied by ASTM C 1609. These results showed the maximum compressive strength and flexural strength was measured at each E5P1 and E5P2. Concrete reinforced with PF exhibited deflection-softening behavior. In the concrete reinforced with 0.4 % PF contents and containing 5.0 % EVA, the flexural performance was the best.
polypropylene fiber;compressive strength;flexural strength;flexural performance
- Afridi, M. U. K., Y. Ohama, M. Z. Iqbal, and K. Demura, 1995. Water retention and adhesion of powdered and aqueous polymer-modified mortars, Cement & Concrete Composities 17(2): 113-118. https://doi.org/10.1016/0958-9465(95)00007-Y
- Cho, B. S., J. H. Lee, and S. Y. Back, 2014. Comparative study on the flexural performance of concrete reinforced with polypropylene and steel fibers, Journal of the Korea Society of Civil Engineers 34(6): 1677-1685 (in Korea). https://doi.org/10.12652/Ksce.2014.34.6.1677
- Kakoei, S., H. M. Akil, M. Jamshidi, and J. Rouhi, 2012. The effects of polypropylene fibers on the properties of reinforced concrete structures, Construction and Building Materials 27(1): 73-77. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2011.08.015
- Kim, Y. I., and C. Y. Sung, 2007. Strength and watertightness properties of EVA modified high strength concrete. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 49(1): 45-54 (in Korean).
- Ku, D. O., S. D. Kim, H. S. Kim, and K. K. Choi, 2014. Flexural performance characteristics of amorphous steel fiber-reinforced concrete, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute 26(4): 483-489 (in Korea). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2014.26.4.483
- Kwon, M. H., H. S. Seo, J. H. Lim, and J. S, Kim, 2013. The properties of durability and strength of fiber-reinforced polymer-modified mortars using eco-friendly UM resin, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute 25(3): 313-320 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2013.25.3.313
- Lee, C. H., J. H. Lee, and Y. S. Yoon, 2006. Optimized mix propertioning of steel and hybrid reinforced concrete using harmony search algorithm, Journal of the Korea Concre Institute 18(2): 151-159 (in Korea). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2006.18.2.151
- Lee, S. Y., Y. J. Park, S. M. Kim, K. H. You, S. I. Jang, and Y. H. Suh, 2010. A study on the performance evaluation of polypropylene fiber reinforced concrete, Journal of Korean Society for Rock Mechanics 20(5): 378-389 (in Korea).
- Nam, K. S., and C. Y. Sung, 2015. The compressive strength and durability properties of polypropylene fiber reinforced EVA concrete, Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 57(4): 11-19 (in Korean).
- Noh, K. H., and C. Y. Sung, 2004. Mechanical and drying shrinkage properties of polypropylene fiber reinforced high flow concrete, Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 46(5): 79-85 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.5389/KSAE.2004.46.5.079
- Park, C. K., M. H. Noh, and T. H. Park, 2005. Flexural and workable properties of high performance hybrid fiber reinforced concrete, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute 17(4): 543-550 (in Korea). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2005.17.4.543
- Silva, D. A., H. R. Roman, and P. J. P. Gleize, 2002. Evidences of chemical interaction between EVA and hydrating portland cement, Cement and Concrete Research 32: 1383-1390. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0008-8846(02)00805-0
- Silva, D. A., and P. J. M. Monteiro, 2005. ESEM analysis of polymeric film in EVA-modified cement paste, Cement and Concrete Research 35: 2047-2050. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cemconres.2004.10.037
- Sung, C. Y., and K. S. Nam, 2014. Mechanical properties and durability of abrasion of EVA concrete reinforced steel fiber, Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultura Engineers 56(5): 45-54 (in Korean).
- Yang, K. H., 2010. Slump and mechanical properties of hybrid steel-PVA fiber reinforced concrete, Journal of the Korea Concrete Institute 22(5): 651-658 (in Korea). https://doi.org/10.4334/JKCI.2010.22.5.651
Supported by : CNU