- Volume 5 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A Visual Programming Environment on Tablet PCs to Control Industrial Robots
산업용 로봇 제어를 위한 태블릿 PC 기반의 비주얼 프로그래밍 연구
- 박은지 (고려대학교 컴퓨터정보학과) ;
- 서경은 (고려대학교 컴퓨터정보학과) ;
- 박태곤 ((주)프레스토솔루션) ;
- 선덕한 ((주)프레스토솔루션) ;
- 조현중 (고려대학교 컴퓨터정보학과)
- Received : 2015.08.24
- Accepted : 2016.01.11
- Published : 2016.02.29
Industrial robots have been usually controlled using text-based programming languages provided by each manufacturer with its button-based TP(Teaching Pendent) terminal. Unfortunately, when we consider that people who manipulate TPs in manufacturing sites are mostly unskilled with no background knowledge about computer programming, these text-based programming languages using button-based interaction on manufacturing sites are too difficult for them to learn and use. In order to overcome the weaknesses of the text-based programming language, we propose a visual programming language that can be easily used on gesture-enabled devices. Especially, in our visual programming environment, each command is represented as a block and robots are controlled by stacking those blocks using drag-and-drop gestures, which is easily learnable even by beginners. In this paper, we utilize a widely-spread device, Tablet PC as the gesture-enabled TP. Considering that Tablet PC has limited display space in contrast to PC environments, we designed different kinds of sets of command blocks and conducted user tests. Based on the experiment results, we propose an effective set of command blocks for Tablet PC environment.
Supported by : 중소기업청
- Carlos Mateo, Alberto Brunete, Ernesto Gambao, and Miguel Hernando, "Hammer: An Android Based Application for End-User Industrial Robot Programming," in Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications(MESA), 2014.
- Yasir Jan, Syed Hassan, Sanghun Pyo, and Jungwon Yoon, "Smartphone Based Control Architecture of Teaching Pendant for Inustrial Manipulators," in International Conference on Intelligent Systems, Modelling and Simulation, 2013.
- W. G. Ji and B. J. Park, "Visual Programming Tool Based on Blocks," The Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences(KICS), 2013(in Korean).
- H. L. Kim, E. K. Park, H. J. Kim, and J. M. Bae, "An Integrated C Programming Environment for Novices Based on Visuals," The Journal of Korean Association of Computer Education, Vol.16, No.6, pp.111-120, 2013(in Korean).
- David J. Malan, and Henry H. Leitner, "Scratch for Budding Computer Scientists," 2007.
- Jesus S. Cepeda, Luiz Chaimowicz, and Rogelio Soto, "Exploring Microsoft Robotics Studio as a Mechanism for Service-Oriented Robotics," IEEE, pp.7-12, October, 2010.
- Nesimi Ertugrul, "Towards Virtual Laboratories: a Survey of LabView based Teaching/Learning Tools and Future Trends," The International Journal of Engineering Education, Vol.16, No.3, pp.171-180, 2000.
- B. W. Choi, "A Review and Outlook of Robotic Software Frameworks," Korea Robotics Society, Vol.5, No.2, pp.169-176, 2010(in Korean).
- B. Y. Lee, Y. J. Lee, and S. J. Choi, "Basic Engineering Experiment using the LabView," Ohm, 2006(in Korean).
- D. Y. Gwak "A computer-based instrumentation and control," Ohm, 2006(in Korean).
- J. Y. Park, "An Investigation of the Structural Relationships among Students' Characteristics, Flow, and Learning Effects in a SCRATCH Programming Course for Elementary School Students," The graduate school of Ewha womans university, 2015(in Korean).
- I. Iturrate, G. Martin, J. Garcia-Zubia, I. Angulo, O. Dziabenko, P. Orduna, G. Alves, and A. Fidalgo, "A mobile robot platform for open learning based on serious games and remote laboratories," 2013 1st International Conference of the Portugese Society for Engineering Education(CISPEE), pp.1-7, October, 2013.
- H. J. Lee, "A Study on the Improvement of Usability in PDA Website Based on User Activity Analysis," HCI KOREA 2013, pp.599-604, 2003.(in Korean).
- Mokhtar, Shamsul Anuar, and Siti Mashitah Shamsul Anuar. "Learning application for Malaysian sign language: content design, user interface and usability," Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication, ACM, 2015.