- Volume 5 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Analysis of the Cryptographic Algorithms's Performance on Various Devices Suitable for Underwater Communication
수중통신에 활용가능한 다양한 플랫폼에서의 암호 알고리즘 성능비교
Yun, Chae-Won;Lee, Jae-Hoon;Yi, Okyeon;Shin, Su-Young;Park, Soo-Hyun
- Received : 2015.12.22
- Accepted : 2016.02.26
- Published : 2016.03.31
Recently, The interest about underwater acoustic communication is increase such as marine resources, disaster prevention, weather prediction, and so on. Because the underwater acoustic communication uses a water as media, the underwater acoustic communication has a lot of restrictions. Although the underwater acoustic communication is hard, it is important to consider the security. In this paper, we estimate the performance of cryptographic algorithms(AES, ARIA, and LEA) on a various devices, available in underwater acoustic communication, and analysis the results. This result will be provide effective data confidentiality for underwater communication.
Underwater Sensor Network;Underwater Acoustic Communication;Cryptographic Algorithm;Performance
- I. F. Akyildiz, D. Pompili, and T. Melodia, "Underwater acoustic sensor networks: research challenges," Ad Hoc Networks, Vol.3, No.3, pp.257-279, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2005.01.004
- Z. Jiang, "Underwater acoustic networks-issues and solutions," International Journal of Intelligent Control and Systems, Vol.13, No.3, pp.152-161, 2008.
- Nist Special Publication 800-57, Recommendation for Key Management-Part 1 : General, March, 2007 [Internet], http://csrc.nist.gov.
- J. Daemen and V. Rijmen, "The Design of Rijndael: AES-the Advanced Encryption Standard," Springer Science & Business Media, 2013.
- A. Biryukov, C. De Canniere, J. Lano, S. B. Ors, and B. Preneel, "Security and performance analysis of ARIA," Final Report, KU Leuven ESAT/SCD-COSIC, Vol.3, p.4, 2004.
- D. Hong, J. K. Lee, D. C. Kim, D. Kwon, K. H. Ryu, and D. G. Lee, "LEA: A 128-bit block cipher for fast encryption on common processors," in Information Security Applications, Springer International Publishing, pp.3-27, 2014.
- D. Hong, J. K. Lee, D. C. Kim, D. Kwon, K. H. Ryu, and D. G. Lee, "LEA: A 128-bit block cipher for fast encryption on common processors," in Information Security Application, Springer International Publishing, pp.3-27, 2013.
- J. Yiu, "The definitive guide to the ARM Cortex-M3," Newnes, 2009.
- A. A. ATmega, 128L-8-bit AVR Microcontroller with 128K Bytes In-System Programmable Flash, Rev. 2467M-AVR-11/04.
- Intel Edison Platform [Internet], http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/do-it-yourself/edison.html.
- Arduino Platform [Internet], http://www.arduino.cc.
- Jin-Young Lee, Nam-Yeol Yun, and Soo-Hyun Park, "Design and Implementation of MAC Protocol for Underwater Mobile Ad-hoc Networks," Journal of the Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers, Vol.51, No.4, pp.76-89, April, 2014.
Grant : 해양장비기술개발
Supported by : 한국해양과학기술원 부설 선박해양플랜트연구소