- Volume 33 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Subjective awareness characteristics, knowledge and behavior of oral health among some university students
일부 대학생의 주관적 구강건강 인지특성과 구강보건지식 및 행태관련 조사
- Received : 2016.01.27
- Accepted : 2016.03.01
- Published : 2016.03.31
Objectives: This study is aimed to evaluate oral health knowledge and behavior according to subjective awareness characteristics of oral health in university student. Methods: The data was collected from June, 2015 in K university, Korea. It was investigated about subjective awareness characteristics, knowledge and behavior of oral health by questionnaires in university students. The data was analysis into t-test and one-way ANOVA by SPSS 22.0. Results: Subjects who responded that they had a problem with oral health in subjective awareness characteristics were a statistically significant differences according to gender. Subjects who were interested of oral health and responded to their subjective oral health state as good condition were higher than the others in oral health knowledge. According to subjective awareness characteristics of oral health, the oral health behaviors were a statistically significant differences. Conclusions: There were statistically significant differences in oral health knowledge and behavior according to subjective awareness characteristics of oral health.
subjective awareness characteristics;oral health knowledge;oral health behavior;university students
- Harcourt, J. K. (1994). 1994-the year of oral health. Australian dental journal, 39(2), 129. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1834-7819.1994.tb01388.x
- Song, S. K., & Seong, J. M. (2012). A study on correlation between oral health knowledge and oral health behavior deportment in some middle-school students. Journal of the Korean Academy of Dental Hygiene, 14(2), 97-105.
- Kim, S. J., & Lee, B. J. (2012). A association between self-reported oral health and oral health status among Korean male soldiers aged 18-24. Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 36(4), 282-288. https://doi.org/10.11149/jkaoh.2012.36.4.282
- Gilbert, L. (1994). Social factors and self-assessed oral health in South Africa. Community Dent Oral Epidemiol, 22(1), 47-51. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1600-0528.1994.tb01568.x
- Lee, H. S. (2010). Association between perceived oral health and perceived oral symptoms among adults in Daegu. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 10(4), 671-681.
- Lee, S. J., Kim, C. H., & Choi, G. Y. (2011). Influential factors to the oral hygiene behavior and perceived oral health status of the elderly. The Korean Journal of Health Service Management, 6(1), 39-51.
- Lee, E. K., Cho, M. S., & Lim, H. J. (2011). A study on factors affecting the oral health promotion behavior of middle school students based on subjective oral health. Journal of Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 12(12), 5811-5818. https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.12.5811
- Jeong, G. C., Lee, H. S., & Kim, S. N. (2003). A study on the dental services utilization by application of the andersen model in students of some Korean university. Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 27(3), 357-373.
- Lim, J. N., & Jung, Y. R. (2013). Development proposal of oral health educational media based on the oral health care and educational needs of college students. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 13(2), 323-334. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2013.13.2.323
- Do, J. I. (2013). Effect oral health education has on the knowledge and behavior concerning oral health : focused on the area middle school & high school students in the Cheongyang, Chungcheongnamdo Province. (Unpublished master's thesis). Kongju National University, Korea.
- Won, S. Y., Shin, S. C., & Kim, S. Y. (1997). A study on the correlation between the awareness and the oral status for freshmen students. Journal of Korean Academy of Oral Health, 21(3), 149-503.
- Christiansen, K. E. (1981). The determinate of health promoting behavior. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Rush University, America.
- Kim, A. K. (1995). An inquiry into subjectivity of health behavior among young Korean adults. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 34(1), 50-54.
- Hwang, H. R. (2011). The effects of oral health belief influence on the preventive oral health behaviors in college students. (Unpublished master's thesis). Dankook University, Korea.
- Lee, H. J., Park, Y. N., & Sung, B. K. (2007). A study on oral health condition and it's related factors among some university/college students. Journal of Korean Society for Hygienic Science, 13(1), 87-94.
- KCDC(Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention). (2013). The sixth korea national health and nutrition examination survey (KNHANE VI-I). Cheongwon, Seoul: Author.
- Lee, C. S., & Lee, S. M. (2008). The analysis of the oral health awareness, knowledge and actual oral health care of middle schoolers in some regions. Journal of Dental Hygiene Science 8(3), 117-122.
- Park, H. R., & Moon, S. J. (2012). Connections between the subjective awareness characteristics of oral health of certain adults and their oral health knowledge and practice behavior of oral health. The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 13(1), 300-310.
- Han, S. Y., Song, K. S., & Ryu, D. Y. (2012). Oral health concern and oral healthcare recognition of some soldiers. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 12(5), 1007-1015. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2012.12.5.1007
- Won, J. H. (2008). Oral health perception, knowledge, and behavior among visiting health care providers. (Unpublished master's thesis). Hanyang University, Korea.
- Lee, H. O., & Chun, J. Y. (2011). Influence of subjective oral health interest and recognition in academic boys' high school students upon oral health practice in some regions. Journal of Dental Hygiene Science, 11(1), 1-6.
- Lee, K. H., & Jung, E. S. (2015). The influence of subjective awareness of dental health status on the use of dental hygienic devices. Journal of Korean Society of Dental Hygiene, 15(3), 477-486. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.03.477