- Volume 32 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Applicability of the Pile-Supported Embankment in Korea
성토지지말뚝공법의 국내 적용성 분석
Lee, Il-Wha;Kim, Seung-Sun;Lee, Joo-Gong;Shim, Shung-Kyu;Lee, Su-Hyung
- Received : 2015.12.15
- Accepted : 2016.03.16
- Published : 2016.03.31
Stability analysis was conducted to analyze the application of pile-supported embankment to concrete slab track on the soft ground in Korea. Pile efficiency and tension of geosynthetics in accordance with the hight of embankment and the depth of soft soil were carried out by theoretical and numerical methods. Theoretical method predicted more conservatively than the numerical method for all the cases presented herein. The settlement stability is satisfied to allowable criteria of high speed railway in Korea. The pile-supported embankment has great potential for application to soft ground condition.
Pile-supported embankment;Geosynthetics;Arching effect;Soft ground
- BS8006 (1995), British Standard, Code of practice for: Strengthened/reinforced soils and other fills.
- Design criteria for Railroad (road bed) (2011), Korean Rail Network Authority (in Korea).
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2012), "Design of Embankment", KR C-04020.
- Lee, Taehee, Lee, Il-Wha, Lee, Su-Hyung, Jung, and Young-Hoon (2015), "Numerical Analysis on the Effect of Increasing Stiffness of Geosynthetics on Soil Displacement and Pile Efficiency in Piled Embankment on Soft Soil", Journal of the Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol.31, No.4, pp.31-43. https://doi.org/10.7843/kgs.2015.31.4.31
- Low, B.K., Tang, S.K., and Choa, V. (1994), "Arching in Piled Embankments", Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, ASCE., Vol. 120, No.11, pp.1917-1937. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9410(1994)120:11(1917)
- McNulty, J. W. (1965), "An Experimental Study of Arching in Sand", Technical Report No. I-674, U.S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station, Corps of Engineers, Vicksburg, Mississippi.
- Han, J. and Gabr, M. A. (2002), "Numerical Analysis of Geosyntheticreinforced and Pile-supported Earth Platforms Over Soft Soil", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, Vol.128, No.1, pp.44-53. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(2002)128:1(44)
- Hewlett, W. J. and Randolph, M. F. (1988), "Analysis of Piled Embankments", Ground Engineering, Vol.21, No.3, pp.12-18.
- The German Geotechnical Society (2011), "Recommendations for Design and Analysis of Earth Structures Using Geosynthetic Reinforcements- EBGEO".
- Van Duijnen, P., Van Eekelen, S.J.M. (2010), "Holland's Firist Railway on a Piled Embankment, Design Against Monitoring" In:Proceedings of 9ICG, Brawil, 2010, pp.1461-1464.
- Van Eekelen, S. J., Bezuijen, A., Lodder, H. J., and Van Tol, A. F. (2012), "Model Experiments on Piled Embankments. Part I", Geotextiles and Geomembranes, Vol.32, pp.69-81. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.geotexmem.2011.11.002
Grant : 연약지반구간 교량대체를 위한 침하억제공법 개발
Supported by : 국토교통부