- Volume 32 Issue 3
In this study, dynamic centrifuge tests in dry sand were conducted in order to evaluate the effect of pile installation on the dynamic p-y curve. According to the result of the pile installation effect on the dynamic p-y backbone curves, the subgrade resistance of a jacked pile in 40 g was found to be greater than that of a jacked pile in 1 g and a preinstalled pile in 1 g. It was also found that differences of the subgrade resistance decrease with the depth of the pile. Applicability of dynamic p-y backbone curve for the bored pile proposed by preceded researcher was evaluated by comparing with the result of centrifuge tests. In addition, dynamic p-y backbone curve for jacking/driven pile was developed by modifying that for the bored pile.
Dynamic p-y curve;centrifuge test;pile installation effect;jacked pile;bored pile
- Ting, JM, Kauffman, CR, and Lovicsek, M (1987), "Centrifuge Static and Dynamic Lateral Pile behaviour", Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol.24, pp.198-207. https://doi.org/10.1139/t87-025
- Yoo, M.T., Choi, J.I., Han, J.T., and Kim, M.M. (2013), Dynamic p-y Curves for Dry Sand from Centrifuge Tests, Journal of earthquake engineering, Vol.17, Issue 7, pp.1082-1102. https://doi.org/10.1080/13632469.2013.801377
- Yang, E.K., Yoo, M.T., Kim, H.W., and Kim, M.M. (2009), "Dynamic p-y Backbone Curve in Saturated Sand Deposit", The journal of Korean Geotechnical Society, Vol.25, No.11, pp.27-38.
- Yoo, M.T., Yang, E.K., Kim, H.W., and Kim, M.M. (2009) "Estimation of Dynamic Group Pile Effect in Fine Sand", KGS Fall Conference 2009, CD-Rom.
- Bonab, MH, Chazelas, JL, and Levacher, D (2007), "Procedures Used for Dynamically Laterally Loaded Pile Tests in a Centrifuge", Geotechnical Testing Journal, Vol.30, No.1, pp.60-68.
- Dou, H. and Byrne, PM (1996), "Dynamic Response of Single Piles and Soil-pile Interaction", Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol.33, No.1, pp.80-96. https://doi.org/10.1139/t96-025
- Dyson, GJ and Randolph, MF (1998), "Installation Effects on Lateral Load-transfer Curves in Calcareous Sands", Proceedings of the international conference centrifuge 98, Vol.11, pp.545-550.
- Kim DS, Kim NR, Choo YW, and Cho GC (2013a), A newly developed state-of-the-art geotechnical centrifuge in Korea, KSCE J Civ Eng, 17 (1):77-84. doi:10.1007/s12205-013-1350-5. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-013-1350-5
- Kim DS, Lee SH, Choo YW, and Perdriat J (2013b), Self-balanced earthquake simulator on centrifuge and dynamic performance verification. KSCE J Civ Eng, 17 (4):651-661. doi:10.1007/s12205-013-1591-3. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12205-013-1591-3
- Kondner, RL (1963), "Hyperbolic Stress-strain Response:Cohesive soils", J. Soil Mechanics and Foundation Div., ASCE, 87(1), pp. 115-144.
- Korean Society of Civil Engineers (KSCE) (2001), "Bridge Design Criteria of Korea".
- Lee SH, Choo YW, and Kim DS (2013), Performance of an equivalent shear beam (ESB) model container for dynamic geotechnical centrifuge tests. Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering, 44:102-114. doi:10.1016/j.soildyn.2012.09.008/ https://doi.org/10.1016/j.soildyn.2012.09.008
- McVay, M, Bloomquist, D, Vandedinde, D, and Clausen, J (1994), "Centrifuge Modeling of Laterally Loaded Pile Groups in Sands", Geotechnical Testing Journal, Vol.17, No.2, June 1994, pp.129-137. https://doi.org/10.1520/GTJ10085J
- Ovesen, NK (1979), "The Scaling Law Relationship", Proceedings of the 7th European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Brighton, Vol.4, pp.319-323.
- Remaud, D. (1999), "Piles Under Lateral Forces: Experimental Study of Piles Group", Ph.D. Thesis, University of Nantes, France, 328.
Grant : 연약지반구간 교량대체를 위한 침하억제공법 개발
Supported by : 국토교통부