- Volume 40 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Shape Optimization of a Hole for Water Jetting in a Spudcan for a Jack-up Rig
잭업리그 스퍼드캔의 물 분사용 홀 형상 최적화
- Seong, Jeong Hyeon (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.) ;
- Han, Dong Seop (Research Institute of Green Energy Equipment, Dong-A Univ.) ;
- Park, Young Chul (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.)
- Received : 2015.03.25
- Accepted : 2016.01.14
- Published : 2016.04.01
A spudcan is mounted on the lower leg of the jack-up rig, a device for preventing a rollover of a structure and to support the structure in a stable sea floor. At the time of inserting the surface of the spud can to penetrate when the sand layer is stable and smoothly pulled to the clay layer, and at that time of recovery when uploading the spud can is equipped with a water injection device. In this study, it is significant to optimize the shape of pipelines holes for water injection device and it was set in two kinds of shape, the oval and round. Interpretation of the subject into the site of Gulf of Mexico offshore Wind Turbine Installation Vessels (WTIV) was chosen as a target platform. Using the ANSYS Workbench commercial programs, optimal design was conducted. The results of this study can be applied to the hole-shaped design of various marine structures.
Jack-up Rig;Spudcan;Water Jetting;Hole;Shape Optimization;Kriging Method
Supported by : 동아대학교
- Han, D.S., Kim, S.J. and Kim, M.H., 2014, "Effect of Plate Slope and Water Jetting on the Penetration Depth of a Jack-up Spud-can for Surficial Sand," Ocean Systems Engineering, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 263-278. https://doi.org/10.12989/ose.2014.4.4.263
- Park, J. H., Kim, H. J., Park, K. H., Cho, W. S., Je, S.B. and Kin, H.S., 2003, "A Study on the Stress Concentration Coefficient due to the Change of Ellipse on a Square Plate," Proceedings of 2003 Spring Conference, Korean Society for Precision Engineering, pp. 1434-1437.
- Yang C. K. and Kim, M. H., 2011, "The Structural Safety Assessment of a Tie-down System on a Tension Leg Platform during Hurricane Events," Ocean Systems Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 263-283. https://doi.org/10.12989/ose.2011.1.4.263
- American Petroleum Institute, 2007, "API 2INT-MET: Interim Guidance on Hurricane Conditions in the Gulf of Mexico," Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
- DNV, 2008, "DNV-RP-C01 & 104 (Self-elevating Units) Rule."
- ANSYS Inc., 2007, "ANSYS WORKBENCH USER MANUAL."
- Koo, J. H. and Panganiban, H., 2012, "Optimal Design of Deep-sea Pressure Hulls using CAE tools," Journal of the Computational Structural Engineering Institute of Korea, Vol. 25, No. 34, pp. 477-485. https://doi.org/10.7734/COSEIK.2012.25.6.477
- Tho, K. K., Leung, C. F., Chow, Y. K. and Swaddiwudhipong, S., 2012, "Eulerian Finite-Element Technique for Analysis of Jack-Up Spudcan Penetration," International Journal of Geomechanics, Vol. 12, No. 1, pp. 64-73. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)GM.1943-5622.0000111
- Study on Optimal Design of Traverse Switch System for Maglev Train vol.19, pp.6, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.6.717