- Volume 40 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Development of a Similarity Evaluation System for Offshore Plants' 3D Piping CAD Models Created Using Aveva Marine and SmartMarine 3D
Aveva Marine과 SmartMarine 3D 간의 해양 플랜트 3D 배관 CAD 모델 유사도 평가 시스템 개발
- Lee, Jaesun (Dept. of Precision Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Kim, Byung Chul (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.) ;
- Kim, Hyungki (Mechanical Systems Safety Research Division, Korea Institute of Machinery and Materials) ;
- Cheon, Sanguk (Information Technology Research Institute, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- Cho, Mincheol (Information Technology Research Institute, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Gwang (Information Technology Research Institute, Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co., Ltd.) ;
- Kim, Jin-Hyun (Dept. of Precision Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Mun, Duhwan (Dept. of Precision Mechanical Engineering, Kyungpook Nat'l Univ.) ;
- Han, Soonhung (Division of Ocean Systems Engineering, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology)
- 이재선 (경북대학교 정밀기계공학과) ;
- 김병철 (동아대학교 기계공학과) ;
- 김형기 (한국기계연구원 기계시스템안전연구본부) ;
- 천상욱 (대우조선해양 정보기술연구소) ;
- 조민철 (대우조선해양 정보기술연구소) ;
- 이광 (대우조선해양 정보기술연구소) ;
- 김진현 (경북대학교 정밀기계공학과) ;
- 문두환 (경북대학교 정밀기계공학과) ;
- 한순흥 (한국과학기술원 해양시스템공학과)
- Received : 2015.08.28
- Accepted : 2016.02.01
- Published : 2016.04.01
Diverse stakeholders engaged in design, construction, and operation and maintenance of offshore plants typically operate heterogeneous plant 3D CAD systems. Engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) companies are required to submit plant design result to the owner in the form of a plant 3D CAD model, as specified in the contract. However, because of the limitations of data interface of plant 3D CAD systems, EPC companies frequently perform manual remodeling to fulfill the terms and conditions of the contract. Therefore, comparison should be performed between the source plant 3D CAD model and the remodeled plant 3D CAD model to prove the validity of the remodeled plant 3D CAD model. To automate the comparison process, we have developed a system for quantitatively assessing the similarity of the plant 3D CAD models. This paper presents the architecture and detailed functions of the system. In addition, experimental results using this system are explained.
Supported by : 산업통상자원부, 국토교통부, 한국연구재단
- PARTSolutions, 2014, http://partsolutions.com/.
- ENOVIA Live Similarity, 2014, http://www.3ds.com/.
- Geolus Search, 2014, http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/.
- Aveva Marine, 2014, http://www.aveva.com/.
- SmartMarine 3D, 2014, http://www.intergraph.com/
- Tangelder, J.W. and Veltkamp, R.C., 2008, "A Survey of Content Based 3D Shape Retrieval Methods," Multimedia tools and applications, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 441-471. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11042-007-0181-0
- Iyer, N., Jayanti, S., Lou, K., Kalyanaraman, Y. amd Ramani, K., 2005, "Three-dimensional Shape Searching: State-of-the-art Review and Future Trends," Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 37, No. 5, pp. 509-530. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2004.07.002
- Paquet, E., Rioux, M., Murching, A., Naveen, T. and Tabatabai, A., 2000, "Description of Shape Information for 2-D and 3-D Objects," Signal Processing: Image Communication, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 103-122. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0923-5965(00)00020-5
- Ramesh, M., Yip-Hoi, D., Dutta, D., 2001, "Feature Based Shape Similarity Measurement for Retrieval of Mechanical Parts," Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 3, pp. 245-256. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.1412456
- El-Mehalawi, M., Miller, R.A., 2003, "A Database System of Mechanical Components Based on Geometric and Topological Similarity Part I: Representation," Computer-Aided Design, Vol. 35, No. 1, pp. 83-94. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0010-4485(01)00177-4
- Horn, B.K.P., 1984, "Extended Gaussian Images," Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 72, No. 12, pp. 1671-1686. https://doi.org/10.1109/PROC.1984.13073
- Herrmann, J.W. and Singh, G., 1997, Design Similarity Measures for Process Planning and Design Evaluation, MARYLAND UNIV COLLEGE PARK DEPT OF MECHANICAL ENGINEERING.
- Rodriguez, M.A. and Egenhofer, M.J., 2003, "Determining Semantic Similarity Among Entity Classes from Different Ontologies," IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 442-456. https://doi.org/10.1109/TKDE.2003.1185844
- Alizon, F., Shooter, S.B. and Simpson, T.W., 2006, "Reuse of Manufacturing Knowledge to Facilitate Platform-based Product Realization," Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 170-178. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2202135
- Mun, D. and Ramani, K., 2011, "Knowledge-based Part Similarity Measurement Utilizing Ontology and Multi-criteria Decision Making Technique," Advanced Engineering Informatics, Vol. 25, No. 2, pp. 119-130. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aei.2010.07.003
- Osada, R., Funkhouse, T., Chazelle, B. and Dobkin, D., 2002, "Shape Distributions," ACM Transactions on Graphics, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 807-832. https://doi.org/10.1145/571647.571648
- Ohbuchi, R., Minamitani, T. and Takei, T., "Shape-similarity Search of 3D Models by Using Enhanced Shape Functions," International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology, Vol. 23, No. 2-4, pp. 70-85. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJCAT.2005.006466
- Tangelder, J. W. and Veltkamp, R.C., 2003, "Polyhedral Model Retrieval Using Weighted Point Sets," International journal of image and graphics, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 209-229. https://doi.org/10.1142/S021946780300097X
- Hwang, T.J., Lee, K., Oh, H.Y. and Jeong, J.H., 2004, "Shape Similarity Measurement Using Ray Distances for Mass Customization," Proceedings of ACM Symposium on Solid Modeling and Applications, pp. 279-284.
- Ip, C.Y., Lapadat, D., Sieger, L. and Regli, W.C., 2002, "Using Shape Distributions to Compare Solid Models," Proceedings of ACM Symposium on Solid Modeling and Applications, pp. 273-280.
- Cheng, H., Lo, C., Chu, C. and Kim, Y., 2011, "Shape Similarity Measurement for 3D Mechanical Part Using D2 Shape Distribution and Negative Feature Decomposition," Computers in Industry, Vol. 62, No. 3, pp. 269-280. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2010.09.001
- Chu, C.H. and Hsu, Y.C., 2006, "Similarity Assessment of 3D Mechanical Components for Design Reuse," Robotics and Computer-Integrated Manufacturing, Vol. 22, No. 4, pp. 332-341. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rcim.2005.07.005