- Volume 40 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Dynamic Analysis of Gimbal Structure System Including Nonlinear Elastic Rubber Vibration Isolator with Shock Acceleration
비선형 탄성 방진 고무부에 충격 가속도를 받는 짐발 구조 시스템의 동적 해석
- Lee, Sang Eun (Seeker & E/O IR R&D Lab., LIG Nex1 Co., Ltd.) ;
- Lee, Tae Won (Dept. of Mechanical Design Engineering, Kumoh Nat'l Institute of Technology)
- Received : 2015.10.28
- Accepted : 2016.01.26
- Published : 2016.04.01
When shock acceleration is applied to a mechanical system, it may cause malfunctioning and damage to the system. Hence, to prevent these problems when developing a gimbal structure system for observation reconnaissance, the MIL-STD-810G shock standard must be satisfied as a design specification. Rubber vibration isolators are generally assembled on the base of the system in order to reduce the shock transferred from the aircraft. It is difficult to analyze the transient behavior of the system accurately, because rubber has a nonlinear load-deformation curve. To treat the nonlinear characteristic of the rubber, bilinear approximation was introduced. Using this assumption, transient responses of the system under base shock acceleration were calculated by the finite element method. In addition, experiments with a true prototype were performed using the same conditions as the analytical model. Compared with experimental data, the proposed numerical method is useful for the transient analysis of gimbal structure systems, including rubber vibration isolators with nonlinear stiffness and damping.
Rubber Vibration Isolator;Nonlinearity;Shock Acceleration;Bilinear Approximation;Transient Response Analysis
Supported by : 금오공과대학교
- Lee, T. W., 2003, "A Study on the Large Deformation of Silicon Rubber Gasket with Hollow Circular Section," Journal of the KSPE, Vol. 20, No. 11, pp. 150-157.
- Shin, S. J., Lee, T. S. and Oh, S. I., 1998, "Three-dimensional Finite Element Analysis of Rubber Pad Deformation," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 22, No. 1, pp. 111-131.
- Scharnhorst, T. and Pian, T. H. H., 1978, "Finite Element Analysis of Rubberlike Materials by a Mixed Model," Int. J. Num. Meth. Eng., Vol. 12, pp. 665-676. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1620120410
- Petrone, F., Lacagnina, M. and Scionti, M., 2004, "Dynamic Characterization of Elastomers and Identification with Rheological Model," Journal of Sound and Vibration, Vol. 271, pp. 339-363. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2003.02.001
- Kim, K. W., Lim, J. R. and Ahn, T. K., 1999, "Stiffness Analysis of Compressed Rubber Components for Anti-vibration," Journal of the KSPE, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 141-147.
- Kim, K. W., Lim, J. R. and Ahn, T. K., 1988, "Analysis and Experiment of the Dynamic Characterization of Rubber Material for Anti-vibration under Compression," Journal of the KSNVE, Vol. 8, No. 5, pp. 141-147.
- Lord, "Theory of Vibration/Shock Isolators," Lord Corporation, www.lord.com.
- Lee, S. E. and Lee, T. W., 2010, "Vibration Characteristic Analysis of Gimbal Structure System in Collection Equipment of Image Information," Observation Reconnaissance Camera Module," Journal of the KSMPE, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp 20-25.
- Lee, S. E. and Lee, T. W., 2011, "Vibration Characteristic Analysis of Gimbal Structure System with Observation Reconnaissance Camera Module," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 35, No. 4, pp. 409-415.
- Lee, S. E. and Lee, T. W., 2012, "A Study on the Vibration Characteristics of Camera Module for Aerial Reconnaissance Camera Module Considering Vibration Isolator," Journal of the KSPE, Vol. 29, No. 5, pp. 545-553. https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2012.29.5.545
- Lee, S. E., Lee, T. W. and Kang, Y. G., 2014, "Shock Analysis of Gimbal Structure System Including Rubber Vibration Isolator in a Observation Reconnaissance Aircraft," Journal of the KSMPE, Vol. 13, No. 2, pp 73-80.
- Moon, B. Y. and Kang, G. J., 2001, "Dynamic Stability Analysis of Base-Isolated Low-level Nonlinear Structure Under Earthquake Excitation," Trans. Korean Soc. Mech. Eng. A, Vol. 25, No.11, pp. 1743-1750.
- Lord, "Low Profile Avionics Mounts(AM Series)," Lord Corporation, www.lord.com.
- MIL-STD-810G., 2008, "Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests, Method 516.6 Shock".
- ANSYS, 2011, "Users's Manual for Revision 13.0," ANSYS Inc..
- Haberman, D., 2000, "Sine-sweep Test Simulation in ANSYS Using the Large-mass and Direct-displacement Methods," Collaborative Solutions, Inc..