- Volume 33 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Squareness Estimation for Coordinate Measuring Machine Using the Laser Interferometer Measurement Based on the Face-Diagonal Method
Face-Diagonal 방법 기반의 레이저 간섭계 측정을 이용한 CMM 의 직각도 추정
- Received : 2015.09.10
- Accepted : 2015.12.29
- Published : 2016.04.01
The out-of-squareness is one of the error sources that affect the positioning accuracy of machine tools and coordinate measuring machines. Laser interferometer is widely used to measure the position and angular errors, and can measure the squareness using an optical square. However, the squareness measurement using the laser interferometer is difficult, as compared to other errors due to complicated optics setup and Abbe's error occurrence. The effect of out-of-squareness mainly appears at the face-diagonal of the movable plane. The diagonal displacements are also affected by the position dependent geometric errors. In this study, the squareness estimation techniques via diagonal displacement measurement using the laser interferometer without an optical square were proposed. For accurate estimation and measurement time reduction, the errors selected from proposed discriminant were measured. Discrepancy between the proposed technique with the laser interferometer (with an optical square) result was
Squareness estimation;Coordinate measuring machine;Face-Diagonal method;Laser interferometer
- Schwenke, H., Knapp, W., Haitjema, H., Weckenmann, A., Schmitt, R., et al., "Geometric Error Measurement and Compensation of Machines- An Update," College International Pour la Recherche en Productique Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 57, No. 2, pp. 660-675, 2008.
- Ramesh, R., Mannan, M. A., and Poo, A., "Error Compensation in Machine Tools - A Review Part I: Geometric, Cutting-Force Induced and Fixture- Dependent Errors," International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 40, No. 9, pp. 1235-1256, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(00)00009-2
- Kiridena, V. and Ferreira, P. M., "Mapping the Effect of Positioning Errors on the Volumetric Accuracy of Five-Axis CNC Machine Tools," International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 33, No. 3, pp. 417-437, 1993. https://doi.org/10.1016/0890-6955(93)90049-Z
- Lee, K.-I. and Yang, S.-H., "Measurement and Verification of Position-Independent Geometric Errors of a Five-Axis Machine Tool Using a Double Ball-Bar," International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 70, pp. 45-52, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmachtools.2013.03.010
- Lee, K.-I., Lee, J.-C., and Yang, S.-H., "The Optimal Design of a Measurement System to Measure the Geometric Errors of Linear Axes," The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 66, No. 1-4, pp. 141-149, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-012-4312-z
- Castro, H. and Burdekin, M., "Dynamic Calibration of the Positioning Accuracy of Machine Tools and Coordinate Measuring Machine Using a Laser Interferometer," International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol. 43, No. 9, pp. 947-954, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(03)00083-X
- Chen, G., Yuan, J., and Ni, J., "A Displacement Measurement Approach for Machine Geometric Error Assessment," International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp. 149-161, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0890-6955(00)00049-3
- ISO No. 230-1, "Test Code for Machine Tools - Part 1: Geometric Accuracy of Machines Operating under No-Load or Finishing Conditions," 1996.
- Renishaw, "XL-80 Laser System: Portable Laser Measurement and Calibration," 2013.
- Keysight Technologies, "Keysight 5530 Laser Calibration System: Verify Machine Performance with the World Standard for Laser-based Metrology," 2014.
- Lee, D.-M., Lee, H.-H., and Yang, S.-H., "Analysis of Squareness Measurement Using a Laser Interfero-Meter," J. Korean Soc. Precis. Eng., Vol. 14, No. 10, pp. 1839-1846, 2013.
- Zhang, G., Ouyang, R., Lu, B., Hocken, R., Veale, R., et al., "A Displacement Method for Machine Geometry Calibration," College International Pour la Recherche en Productique Annals-Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 37, No. 1, pp. 515-518, 1988.
- ISO No. 230-6, "Test Code for Machine Tools-Part 6: Determination of Positioning Accuracy on Body and Face Diagonals (Diagonal Displacement Tests)," 2002.
- Kruth, J.-P., Zhou, L., Van den Bergh, C., and Vanherck, P., "A Method for Squareness Error Verification on a Coordinate Measuring Machine," The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 21, No. 10-11, pp. 874-878, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00170-002-1408-x
- Lee, D.-M., Zhu, Z., Lee, K.-I., and Yang, S.-H., "Identification and Measurement of Geometric Errors for a Five-Axis Machine Tool with a Tilting Head Using a Double Ball-Bar," Int. J. Precis. Eng. Manuf., Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 337-343, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-011-0044-5
- Lee, D.-M. and Yang, S.-H., "Mathematical Approach and General Formulation for Error Synthesis Modeling of Multi-Axis System," International Journal of Modern Physics B, Vol. 24, No. 15-16, pp. 2737-2742, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217979210065556
- Face- and Body-Diagonal Length Tests using a Double Ball-Bar for Squareness Errors of Machine Tools vol.19, pp.7, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-018-0123-y
Supported by : 한국연구재단